Started on: 10-11-2017 03:14 PM
Replies: 5 (547 views)
Last post by: Neils88 on 10-12-2017 05:34 PM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a broken wire going into the 4.9 PCM, it's on the top connector. It's across from the VSS wires 4th pin up from bottom.
Looking for a pinout picture but Fieroaddicion site is down...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can use the internet archive to access a historical snapshot of that website, even though it is long gone.

https://web.archive.org/web...com:80/49wiring.html
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

You can use the internet archive to access a historical snapshot of that website, even though it is long gone.

https://web.archive.org/web...com:80/49wiring.html

Thanks! Seems it's serial or ALDL wire... A lot of wires missing from this *originally* Fiero Factory conversion...
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Fiero Factory converted 86SE notch sitting in my driveway right now with a working 4.9. If you need me to look for anything specific let me know.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

I have a Fiero Factory converted 86SE notch sitting in my driveway right now with a working 4.9. If you need me to look for anything specific let me know.

Now that I think about it, that wire I "reconnected" came from the engine bay...hence it can't be ALDL... Ugh. Do you have a problem of engine bay fumes getting into your passenger compartment. It seems I get leakage thru the harness. Also seem to be missing heat shielding on the firewall... Engine overheated yesterday taking a short drive. WTH...
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Now that I think about it, that wire I "reconnected" came from the engine bay...hence it can't be ALDL... Ugh. Do you have a problem of engine bay fumes getting into your passenger compartment. It seems I get leakage thru the harness. Also seem to be missing heat shielding on the firewall... Engine overheated yesterday taking a short drive. WTH...

I embedded the wire bundle in silicon using the oem firewall connector housing. That should stop any leakage through the harness. (The original wires were all embedded in hot glue I think...I seem to remember spending a few hours with a heat gun to separate everything.)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock