250 WHP Supernatural 3.4 Build by La fiera
Started on: 10-07-2017 11:04 PM
Replies: 463 (16290 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 09-08-2020 01:41 AM
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, the mounts look awesome and super strong but NOTHING LINES UP. I had to grind here, drilled there and then do some shimming to make them fit.
So my review on these mounts is: 2 out of 10.

Not to mention I had to wait a month to get them. Very nice customer service though.
Let see how the shifter kit fits on it, I'll let you know when I get to it!
IP: Logged
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by La fiera:

Yes, with the 3.94 gears. Kit is from WCF and I'm doing new SS exhaust on the car as well.

Why waste your time with those gears?
The Saturn Aura transmission has a 4.40 final with 0.81 fifth... MUCH better ratios for racing use

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 11-23-2018).]

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your right WIll! This one is free and the MG3 cost me $450 shipped and I'm saving it for when I install the other short block.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2018 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally! After some grinding I was able to get the brackets in place!
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Why waste your time with those gears?
The Saturn Aura transmission has a 4.40 final with 0.81 fifth... MUCH better ratios for racing use

Err... Saturn *VUE* SUV... not the Aura
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Err... Saturn *VUE* SUV... not the Aura

Its ok Will, I know what you meant!

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the Fiero up on jackstands to start working on it!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I love how stiff the Fiero chassis is! Two jackstands at the back and the hydraulic jack on the right front and the chassis doesn't twist!
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find myself in that same situation all the time. Jack up the right side but the whole car goes up instead.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

I find myself in that same situation all the time. Jack up the right side but the whole car goes up instead.

Yep, let the suspension do its thing and don;t let the chassis intervene!
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/5uOsQmlaI38

I've been getting a lot of massages and emails about my 250whp 3.4L engine and Instead of writing here on the forum I found it much easier to just make a one take video episode of the description of my engine. There will be more to come. These are one take videos so some things may not be explained properly so just let me know if there is something you didn't understand. Thank you for your patience!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your video came up in my subscription feed.
PFF
System Bot
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2018 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did some progress on these off days. Target is to have tha F23 installed before tuesday!

I think I'll take this time to re design the exhaust system. This system was made with what I had left from a previous build. I'll make it Shorter and less restricting.

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 12-22-2018).]

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2018 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Took transmission out from the top with no hoist, piece of cake.

Clutch slipped bad past 5800-6000rpm and when I flatshifted while at high speed.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello guys!! Well the trans is in since 2 weeks ago but the project had a little hick up due to a tragedy.
I came home from vacation and the very next day my dady passed away back home, The Dominican Republic; he was 83 years old.
Its been almost a week and I'm feeling better so the projects (3.4 & 3.XX) should start going soon.
My dad loved cars, he was an Industrial Engineer. He heard the Fiero on start up and I revved it for him and he couldn't stop laughing!

My advice to you, cherish your dad because you only have one.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like he lived a pretty full life, though.
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, there's only one.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Mike and PMbrunnelle for the kind words.
Today I did a bit of progress. I installed the shifter and the cables on the trans and installed the 5 speed shifter.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2019 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Took transmission out from the top with no hoist, piece of cake.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It is good to remember those special times together.

I didn't realize you can pull the tranny out from the top. Any special tips? How much does it weigh?
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2019 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it can be done. I had more trouble because of my headers interference, with the stock logs it would've been a breaze.
Once the trans is unbolted the pressure plane needs to be removed and the trans can come out.
To replace it is the opposite.
Drop the trans in and install the clutch and pressure plate (You'll need some patience with it but it can be done).

In my case it was more difficult for me because the F23 is bigger a bit longer and heavier 78lbs vs 104lbs .
I didn't use a cherry picker to do the lifting and dropping of the trans, it was all human power.
I do not recommend this method.
The only reason I did it was because I don't have the means to lift the body off the cradle safely.

But to answer your question, Yes, it can be done with strength and patience.

PS. The 4 speed passenger side axle was too long, I had to get one ffrom a 2000 Cavalier.

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 01-27-2019).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man I'm so sorry for your loss.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Oh man I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thanks Lou. I have delayed reaction to this things.
The past 2 days have been very hard for me but we have to keep charging forward.
We have a goal to reach!
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take your time. Sorry for your loss. But keeping busy does help. My Fiero was therapy for me during times like you are having.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks wftb! Today I picked up some hardware to install the shifting cables and adjust them.
Then is to the hydraulics of the clutch, and I have all the parts for the jop.
Then is on to the exhaust. Its going to be very short compared
to what I have now for two reasons.
1- The new cam won't like back pressure (for the 3.XX 300whp project)
2- Less exhaust= less heat in the engine compartment.
Re tuning will be required of course!
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How short / simple of an exhaust?

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!! No, it will not be like that airplane engine! Its going to be about half of what I have now.
Instead of exiting on the bottom passenger side it will exit off the engine compartment behind the driver.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2019 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sneak peak. Mad Max style

Spelling

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 02-11-2019).]

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you don't run at tracks with noise rules...

Thank you Mike and PMbrunnelle for the kind words.
Today I did a bit of progress. I installed the shifter and the cables on the trans and installed the 5 speed shifter.

Is that the WCF linkage kit?
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mean...having exhaust exit at your feet is a sure-fire way to add back-pressure and AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 02-12-2019).]

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

I mean...having exhaust exit at your feet is a sure-fire way to add back-pressure and AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Yep! The previous Y pipe was made out of left over material from an exhaust job and it was very restrictive and heavy.

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

La fiera

2196 posts
Member since Jun 2008
Yes WILL, it is the WCF kit.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2019 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the hydraulics working and after adjusting the cables I now can find all the gears and reverse!
Next is the exhaust I'll start working on it this weekend!
One thing, you can see all the heat management insulation. More HP means more heat,
and heat can melt stuff down. Even in stock form, insulate the shifting cables, I'm telling you from experience!
PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman's shift cables come with an insulating sleeve.

For those slide-on insulating sleeves (like what you have on the clutch slave line), what do you do to keep them from sliding along the wire/hose/whatever?

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 02-16-2019).]

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2019 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Rodney Dickman's shift cables come with an insulating sleeve.

For those slide-on insulating sleeves (like what you have on the clutch slave line), what do you do to keep them from sliding along the wire/hose/whatever?

I use Stainless Steel wire to secure it.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2019 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alright, this is a sneak peak of the exhaust.. Its raw and its Mad Maxed!
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2019 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2019 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That thing sounds mean. I like it!
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2019 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The video makes no justice! You have to hear it live. Believe it or not it sounds quieter but meaner than before at hi rpms!!
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You think there will be any issues with your intake and exhaust exit so close to each other?
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

You think there will be any issues with your intake and exhaust exit so close to each other?

Yes, I will re do the intake with the TB either on top or the other side. I'm just deciding which TB to use.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2019 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The exhaust looks and sounds cool. Although the Fiero's aerodynamics will cause some of the exhaust gas to collect behind the rear window. I don't know if it will build up enough to affect performance, but it's something to keep in mind. I'd be tempted to run an intake pipe over to the fender, or something like that.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock