Need help with rust by Meatpiemonday
Started on: 09-25-2017 01:07 PM
Replies: 9 (314 views)
Last post by: Meatpiemonday on 09-26-2017 10:26 AM
Meatpiemonday

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MeatpiemondaySend a Private Message to MeatpiemondayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello I have an 87GT that for sometime has sat in my garage, Two days ago I was told that car needs to be scrapped or new upper and lower frame rails need to be installed, the car has a lot of memories for my family so if it needs to be completely stripped I'm fine with that But does anyone here know where I can buy new or good used ones I'm in London Ontario Canada
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero is the only car in the world that will allow you to find a good frame and transfer all your body panels from your old car. The result would look just like your original car. If you are not the mechanical type, the process will be expensive, but patching your existing frame likely would cost more and not be as good in the end.
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been down this path before, I totally agree with Gall757, better off buying another car / frame and moving everything over, I got a new frame after wasting a lot of money and time on trying to get rid of the rust on one of my cars, never seemed to end just kept finding more and more rust. after moving everything over I forget it's a different car sometimes.
Meatpiemonday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MeatpiemondaySend a Private Message to MeatpiemondayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the responses! Sad to see that it had been eaten so bad with rust I would hate to loose it. But I see where you guys are coming from, now you both just went and got a parts car or did you find a good new used chassis
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a lot cheaper to buy a parts car,a Fiero that doesn't run, a car that someone else "stripped" and was going to "scrap" the frame. Someone might even GIVE you one if you ASK (In the Mall here). put in a WANTED: ad, you've got nothing to lose. I've gotten Fieros for free just by asking, maybe from a Wife that told Hubby "That's gotta get out of the yard". LOL
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up what I would barely call a parts car, it had no engine or transmission and the interior and plastic panels were in pretty bad shape with a lot of sun damage and was caked with dirt/dust, but the frame had no rust or damage, the title was good and it was also a Formula like the one I was swapping with. l am very happy with it. I agree with Lou6t4gto with putting in post in the wanted section, along with checking craigslist, Letgo & Offerup Apps, not sure what you'll have in your area, I myself gave away an 88 Coupe I used for parts because my wife thought I had too many at the time. So you never know.
Meatpiemonday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MeatpiemondaySend a Private Message to MeatpiemondayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for the responses I will definitely post in the wanted section of the forum but if you guys know of a chassis for sale I'm not looking for a hand out ( but it would help lol) please let me know
Thank you
Peter
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just make sure you get a title with that frame.....so your VIN is correct.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I found this after replying to your other post. I am in the process (hopefully) of getting an 88 Formula for the 2.8/AT dropout, related parts and some other odds and ends. I have yet to see the car but was told it's solid. If the deal works out then in a couple weeks I will have a chassis that I don't need. I'd rather it go to somebody who can use it vs rotting away in the local boneyard. 87 swap onto an 88 is possible and an upgrade actually but you're 11 hours away so that might be an issue. Juts thought I'd throw the offer out there.
Meatpiemonday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MeatpiemondaySend a Private Message to MeatpiemondayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the thought, I would consider it if when you get the car it's solid and what you'll be asking for it and the cost of shipping. Please keep me posted as I'm interested
Thank you
Peter

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock