Finding a/c fittings for 4.9 swap...... by MadProfessor8138
Started on: 06-12-2017 10:50 PM
Replies: 3 (140 views)
Last post by: Easy8 on 06-13-2017 10:37 PM
MadProfessor8138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2017 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to have the a/c lines made for my 4.9 swap but I have a problem,I have never had the original lines for the 2.8 or the 4.9....
I have a shop that will make the lines for free if I can gather all of the components for them.
Can anyone throw some part #'s my way for the 2.8 & 4.9 fittings and components that I will need to have the lines made?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chris Eddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris EddySend a Private Message to Chris EddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick look seems to indicate that we have o-ring style, and they come in 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 sizes.
The two large male/female fittings on the drier seem to measure out to be #12.
The male/female on the small tube that holds the expansion valve seems to be #8.
My own plan is to make bypass hoses so that I can test the whole system without evap, condensor, dryer, compressor. Then add things back one at a time. Also, I can make a pumped flush system to cleanse it.
So I also have to measure them all out and select the right fittings.
Do I have to have a hydraulic crimper? If so, probably will have to get them custom made locally.
I do not think that my measurements will help you, I have a duke.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump....
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are a few days.. Well weeks to late for me to help. Caddy lines are easy to get. I pulled two sets of them from the local junk yard when I made a set for my LT1 set up. Think they cost me 20 bucks for both of em. Fiero lines.. That is a bit harder. Maybe some one here can help, Straws comes to mind.. He took like 3 fieros apart. He may have the lines. Or go junk yarding, just cut the rubber part and pull the car side of the lines. (it's one bolt, and keep it)

Cost me 150 to get my lines made at a local shop, so you are already ahead there.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock