Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  2.8 ---> 4.9 motor question on wiring fuel pump?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
2.8 ---> 4.9 motor question on wiring fuel pump? by Spadesluck
Started on: 04-10-2017 07:19 AM
Replies: 5 (176 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-10-2017 01:26 PM
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to put in a new fuel pump and was wondering if while doing that I should change the wiring according to Darth? I plan on using a Walbro 255 with the 4.9 and be done with it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 4.9 uses the same pump as the 2.8 V6. The Walbro is overkill, more expensive and not as reliable as a good stock pump - there are a lot of fake Walbros out on the market.

Darths wiring change is good. The point of the change is important however. The stock wiring path places several wiring connectors in the path of fuel pump current, every one a potential for low voltage situations when the pump is working against the pressure regulator during boost on a supercharged engine.

For ease of future troubleshooting and reduced cost of your swap, I would use the stock pump and stock wiring configuration on your 4.9 project.
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do you feel the need to talk rational!? I was throwing out the Walbro because I have had good success with them in my supercharged Camaro. The Camaro world also does the "hot wire" mod to the fuel pumps for better power. I was just thinking if I already have the tank dropped then why not.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When asked for it, I try to give the best advice I can.

Your money, your time, your car.
Your choice.
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please by all means stay true to honesty, I know I appreciate it for sure. Thank you. I will still change the pump but will most likely stick with a stock style. I am unsure of the age of the one in the car. With the motor out of the way it will make it a bit easier to deal with.

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 04-10-2017).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will.
Honesty is part of good character, in the end, it is the only thing in this life we have control over.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock