3.1 Pontiac ASC Mclaren Grand Prix Idler Pulley for Power Steering by Mykola
Started on: 01-02-2017 12:09 PM
Replies: 3 (257 views)
Last post by: tesmith66 on 01-03-2017 01:04 PM
Mykola

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykolaSend a Private Message to MykolaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finishing up a build on an 1984 Fiero with a 1990 3.1 ASC Mclaren Grand Prix engine swap. I am deleting the power steering and looking for an idler pulley. Has anyone completed something like this? or Know a pulley to use? Thanks in advance for your input.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to get a different belt and just reroute it? Like cars with and without A/C.
Just a thought.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On other installs, I've pulled the pump apart, and taken out the vanes so it no longer produces pressure, and used the pump as the idler. The bearings are sealed, so no lube required for them.

------------------
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e.

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I simply connected the pressure side to the return side on my DOHC. Works fine and Is ready to be put back into use whenever I get the power steering installed.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock