how would i jack up my fiero by vaseria
Started on: 07-31-2016 01:17 AM
Replies: 12 (783 views)
Last post by: no2pencil on 08-01-2016 04:50 PM
vaseria

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vaseriaSend a Private Message to vaseriaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No

[This message has been edited by vaseria (edited 07-10-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A more important question might be... While removing the gas tank, what do you plan to sit the car on after it's been raised?
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go buy a floor jack, you can find them cheap at your local swap meet. You will always use it and be happy you have one, and as Patrick said(kinda) get some jack stands too. (You need 4 for doing a fuel pump)

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 07-31-2016).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd say your first requirement is to find somewhere flat to work on it. so far it sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
After that, a floor jack (about the only thing that will fit under a Fiero to jack it), at least two jack stands (I've done it with two to hold the back end up although it gets tight up front, you 'can' do it). Some chocks (blocks of wood cut at an angle work). I also put some spare wheels with 4x4's over them under the car as well in case the jack stands fail or topple. You cannot be too careful when crawling underneath a car.
I just jack the car using the center of the rear corssover on the engine cradle, yo can easiliy see it if you look under the rear of the car. Plenty strong enough for jacking although a floor jack is about the only think that will go under there which is why a bottle jack is no use (too tall).
You'll probably also need some pb blaser or similar release agent as the nuts on the tank straps are probably well rusted/seized up by now, and deep sockets so you can get the nuts of the long T bolts that hold the tank straps in place.

Remember, think safety. Will it fall and if it does and you're under there,m what's gonna save you from being crushed.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

fierofinder

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually pour some Mountain Dew in the tank and that does the trick.😀
vaseria

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vaseriaSend a Private Message to vaseriaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so i was looking and i think this would be suitable since u said floor jack http://www.ebay.com/itm/New...391220917832&vxp=mtr
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that is a floor jack and yes that will work. It is also a low profile jack which is what you want since the bottom of your Fiero is low to the ground. You want a jack that you can get under your car when it has a flat tire.

You must also use jackstands. Floorjacks are used for raising the car. Never get under a car supported by a jack only.

https://www.amazon.com/s/re...-keywords=jack+stand

How certain is your father that the fuel pump is out on it? Has he verified it is getting power (at the ALDL connector)?

https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...5195&style=printable

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 07-31-2016).]

vaseria

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vaseriaSend a Private Message to vaseriaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
he just says its the fuel pump because theres absoultely no fuel pressure he says we already tried the little nozzle u push witha cloths hangar on the engine
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact f85gtron over on the west side of Augusta. He may be able to help with diagnosis. He's really, really good, and he's always looking for new people for the CSRA Chapter of Georgia Fieros. Look in this section for the ECM Tuning Oddity thread for his name, and send him a pm or email.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-31-2016).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could be a blocked fuel filter. Since you're thinking of pulling the tank may as well change that out first, anyway. Dang site easier to do than dropping the tank although you still need to get under the car if v6, up in the engine bay for the 4 cyl if I remember correctly.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofinder:

I usually pour some Mountain Dew in the tank and that does the trick.😀

That took me just a second....LOL!!!!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

You must also use jackstands. Floorjacks are used for raising the car. Never get under a car supported by a jack only.

Having been to a funeral of a friend of a friend, I'm going to reiterate the above statement.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock