Started on: 07-24-2016 03:18 PM
Replies: 14 (753 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 01-22-2018 12:48 AM
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2016 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe these are made for 87 fieros. Probably for a 12 inch rotor.
No idea if they are front or back or what the smaller brackets are for.
I have a couple rings also. I probably ordered these ten years ago and can't remember anything about them.

I am hoping to find who made them to get an explanation on how they mount and their specifics.

Any help would be apreciated

Info obtained
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121188.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/063914.html

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 08-02-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2016 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure those are the brackets to use 12" C4 rotors on an 84-87 Fiero with the C4 Vette calipers front & rear. Here is a thread with a lot more detail.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/063914.html

Originally posted by crzyone:
Hope you don't mind me chiming in here. I just wanted to post Bubba's drawings for easy reference.

Front Adapter

Rear adapter

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2016 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Information in case anyone in the future does a search.

Rear Calipers with brackets are available at Orielly's auto formorly Kragen For about 60 bucks
18B4323-R
18B3234-L

Rear -- 1988 to 1996 Corvette
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121188.html

Here is the thread that I used for doing my ebrake setup. You have to order the cables individually and they both cost about $20. I think my grand total on amazon was $42. The two cables will need very slight work done on them. The weight is a ball weight that I split with a dremel and cold chisel. Each weight takes 2-3 minutes. Then the eye needs to be opened up ever so slightly. On the inside of it are a couple of casting lines that are slightly raised. I simple filed those down with a small file and that was sufficient. Other than that the entire thing goes together in probably 20-30 minutes. Longest thing for me was getting the old Fiero lines out as they were pinched into place. I think this car has been rear ended or backed into something at some point in it's life.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had this project on hold until now but as an update.

These are cheetah brakes for corvette calipers.
http://www.cheetahonline.co...-upgrade-adapters-3/

I already have vette rotors and calipers in the front of my 87 North Star and wish to install the rears now but I don't know where the concentric rings have gotten to.
His web site does not look like he maintains it and there is no contact info.

Anyone know who has the rings of how to get in touch with Cheetah?
I'd rather buy them then go have them made.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again, Fieroguru saves the day!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I had this project on hold until now but as an update.

These are cheetah brakes for corvette calipers.
http://www.cheetahonline.co...-upgrade-adapters-3/

I already have vette rotors and calipers in the front of my 87 North Star and wish to install the rears now but I don't know where the concentric rings have gotten to.
His web site does not look like he maintains it and there is no contact info.

Anyone know who has the rings of how to get in touch with Cheetah?
I'd rather buy them then go have them made.

Do you have a build thread on this? How long before it is on the road?
I love build threads.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Do you have a build thread on this? How long before it is on the road?
I love build threads.

No build thread. I'm not really organized enough to do that.

The car is on the road. It has lebaron brakes on it now and in my opinion they work ok but not for 300 plus HP car or the way I'll drive it(on the track of course).
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No build thread. I'm not really organized enough to do that.

The car is on the road. It has lebaron brakes on it now and in my opinion they work ok but not for 300 plus HP car or the way I'll drive it(on the track of course).

Cool.
What trans?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool.
What trans?

85E but Ryan Hess set it up with paddle shifters that I am not really that fond of.
I think what I am going to do is find or make a steering wheel with shift buttons that I can use as a manual or switch to automatic on demand.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85E but Ryan Hess set it up with paddle shifters that I am not really that fond of.
I think what I am going to do is find or make a steering wheel with shift buttons that I can use as a manual or switch to automatic on demand.

I have thought about paddle shifting mine but never did it. I would need to switch the programing over to a GXP and change the value body in the trans. I planned on a shift kit too, but never got around to it. The paddle shifts that I have driven did not stay in gear, that infinitely frustrated me. They would up shift close to red line, I don't want it to automatically shift like that. I want to shift it myself when I feel like shifting it. I feel like the paddle shifting was made for driver control, not just to be a standard auto.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have thought about paddle shifting mine but never did it. I would need to switch the programing over to a GXP and change the value body in the trans. I planned on a shift kit too, but never got around to it. The paddle shifts that I have driven did not stay in gear, that infinitely frustrated me. They would up shift close to red line, I don't want it to automatically shift like that. I want to shift it myself when I feel like shifting it. I feel like the paddle shifting was made for driver control, not just to be a standard auto.

Ryan has the trans set up well. The shifts are steady. Once I get to setting it up the way I want it I am going to have to give him a call just to figure it out.
I'm not going to want it to shift quite as hard as it does now. Right now it is solid as a manual without the clutch delay time between shifts. That's pretty great for track use but I intend on making the car streetable as well. A happy medium must be found.

I'll get some pics this week as I do the suspension,drop spindles and brakes.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ryan has the trans set up well. The shifts are steady. Once I get to setting it up the way I want it I am going to have to give him a call just to figure it out.
I'm not going to want it to shift quite as hard as it does now. Right now it is solid as a manual without the clutch delay time between shifts. That's pretty great for track use but I intend on making the car streetable as well. A happy medium must be found.

I'll get some pics this week as I do the suspension,drop spindles and brakes.

Does it already have a shift kit? The programming will allow for some adjustments, but not that much.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2018 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does it already have a shift kit? The programming will allow for some adjustments, but not that much.

It does. I really need to call Ryan Hess soon to get some more specifics on it before I delve any deeper into this.

Getting an 88 cradle ready for it now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock