rear cradle bolts by car54
Started on: 06-27-2016 05:28 PM
Replies: 7 (276 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 07-30-2020 03:46 PM
car54

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for car54Send a Private Message to car54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am having a hard time finding the rear cradle bolts for a 1988, they are the ones that go up vertically. My broke off.
Does anyone know where to get these from?

Thanks, car54
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store should have them.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a few extras from some '88s I parted out, but I just had to use my last one on a Formula I picked up a couple of months ago. For whatever reason one was missing. Anyway, as Dennis suggested give TFS a shot or maybe someone else on PFF has a spare one lying around.
ArthurPeale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArthurPealeSend a Private Message to ArthurPealeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know the sizes of the rear cradle bolts? I'm putting together a spreadsheet of suspension bolts, and would be happy to share once compiled.

Edit: search is my friend.

The front cradle bolts for all years are M12 X 1.75 X 100 grade 10.9;
The rear cradle bolts for the '84-'87 are M12 X 1.75 X 70 grade 10.9 but you might want to double check the length;
The rear cradle bolts for the '88 are M12 X 1.75 X 45 grade 10.9, but again, I'm not certain about the exact length.

Copied / Pasted from https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000388.html#p6

[This message has been edited by ArthurPeale (edited 07-28-2020).]

Daryl M

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl MSend a Private Message to Daryl MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most hardware stores have bolts I believe they are grade 10.9, M12 1.50 or 1.75 pitch. I can't remember which. The length is about 40mm but l bit longer will not hurt anything. They need to be threaded all the way to the bolt head, no shoulder. Buy both sizes and return the thread pitch that doesn't fit.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman has what you need. He sells the correct aftermarket bolt for 88s.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

ArthurPeale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArthurPealeSend a Private Message to ArthurPealeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Rodney Dickman has what you need. He sells the correct aftermarket bolt for 88s.

He does. And, he does a good job. But, if I can avoid paying shipping on something I can just get at the store for the same price, I'm going to do that.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check Tractor Supply. They sell their bolts by weight. I grabbed 2 swaybar endlink bolts for $0.70.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock