Front crossmember bolt torque spec by cvxjet
Started on: 06-19-2016 10:59 PM
Replies: 0 (115 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 06-19-2016 10:59 PM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking to come up with a solution to my broken bolt problem on my 85 Front cross member...But I am seeing some strange torque specs in the 85 Manual; It appears to state that the torque value for the bolts into the frame rail and the upper bracket bolts is 52 ft/lbs.....But everything I am reading says that the MAXIMUM torque for a 10mm/10.9 bolt is 44-48 Ft/lbs....I notice some other torque specs seem to line up for 10mm bolts at 52 NM....But that would be 38-39 Ft/Lbs...Could this be a typo or some other form of mistake?

If anyone has dealt with this and tracked down the correct info I would appreciate any help. If it is a bit lower number, I can use a grade 8 3/8 bolt and keeper of some sort and fish it in through the forward slot in the frame rail. If it really is 52, then I have to go to a 7/16 bolt and that complicates the whole thing- I will have to completely eliminate the old weld-nut inside the rail before feeding the new bolt in......
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock