Lower Intake Manifold & Engine Mount by bortolini
Started on: 04-26-2016 05:05 PM
Replies: 4 (194 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-26-2016 05:27 PM
bortolini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bortoliniSend a Private Message to bortoliniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am having an issue with removing the lower intake manifold since the engine mount is in the way. I removed the dog bone and front mount, and 3 bolts that hold it into place but it isn't budging.

I am using the image that can be found at the following link to figure out what else needs to be removed and can only see that it's showing those three bolts. the part I'm trying to get out is #13 shown in the upper right of the photo. any help is appreciated!

http://www.wholesalegmparts...ukey_product=2587865

now I have heard that I can just cut the bolt, but that's not really something I would like to do...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That bracket has a total of 4 bolts, the 3 that go into the cylinder head and a 4th on the end of the long skinny part (where it connects with the other dogbone bracket). Also, keep in mind that bracket is sandwiched between the cylinder head and the upper A/C compressor mount. You may need to wiggle the A/C compressor mount a little to make some room.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you've removed four bolts, right? Three that go through it, and one from the dog bone mount into it?

[EDIT] Blacktree, you snuck your post in while I was double-checking the diagram!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-26-2016).]

bortolini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bortoliniSend a Private Message to bortoliniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes that is correct ^ Patrick

[This message has been edited by bortolini (edited 04-26-2016).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, if you have A/C, then what Blacktree has suggested will probably do the trick. I've removed that bracket on a couple of different Fieros. I don't remember any other issues when removing it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock