4.9 swap help with adapters by Bartek
Started on: 03-21-2016 03:05 PM
Replies: 4 (305 views)
Last post by: falcon_ca on 04-06-2016 01:13 PM
Bartek

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BartekSend a Private Message to BartekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, I was having some difficulty finding adapters for the fuel lines that I would need from rock auto on a 4.9 conversion. I was trying to get all of my parts from the same place. Also, off the top of anyones head do you know what size the coolant lines are?...Thanks all, I'm in the final steps and am looking forward to posting the entire process once finished
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I don't remember all the pieces I used, but you have to convert from one size to another, and from a threaded connection to a hose connection. Of course supply and return are also different sizes. There aren't any stock connectors to do it all at once, so you need a few for each line. I bought everything from Summit Racing.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Search for my 4.9 swap "let's replace my 88's 4cylinder with a 4.9" in the technical section. Somewhere in it I list 'll the parts and numbers for the fuel system mods necessary. Good luck and looking forward to reading about your swap! The 4.9am is soooo much fun!
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure I listed the part numbers for the fittings in my wiring thread - but could be wrong...

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 03-22-2016).]

falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed these adapter at each ends of the fuel system and built custom 6AN steel breaded fuel lines .

3 x 14mm o-ring to 6AN = Russell Performance 648070 - Russell AN to Metric Adapter Fittings

1 x 16mm o-ring to 6AN = Russell Performance 648060 - Russell AN to Metric Adapter Fittings

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 | Work done 13-14 | Work done 15-16 | 4.9 Swap | Parts for sale

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock