Sunroof tab insert replacement?.. by Dan87GT
Started on: 03-01-2016 07:58 PM
Replies: 5 (341 views)
Last post by: Mr. Farknocker on 04-02-2019 11:17 PM
Dan87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan87GTSend a Private Message to Dan87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello....getting ready to change the sunroof weather stripping and I noticed one of the inserts on the sunroof is rusted...my sunroof tracks are fine and not rusted...is this part replaceable?...I searched and did not find anything...

thank you..Dan

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would guess that is a reinforcement for the tab, welded to the frame of the sunroof support. Now that is just a guess because I have never even looked at mine unless it was to take it out or put it in. Someone else I am sure will know for sure.
If it is a welded on peace then it is a fairly simple thing to fix if you have a welder or know someone who welds. Just be careful not to melt the roof. Small spot welds in opposite points and wait for them to cool before going to the next spot.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure they are just riveted on. Put an add in the mall and see if anyone has an old sunroof that they can take one off of
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I recall, that is a spot welded piece. Drill out the 2 spot welds on either side and replace.

The problem is going be trying to find a replacement that will survive after it's cut out of the donor car.
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
these are not welded in, they are held in by tiny rivets, just replaced tracks in my fiero and to get them out these had to come out. i have 2 available if you need them
Mr. Farknocker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. FarknockerSend a Private Message to Mr. FarknockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vette7584:

these are not welded in, they are held in by tiny rivets, just replaced tracks in my fiero and to get them out these had to come out. i have 2 available if you need them

Are they available anywhere and what are they called?

------------------

Farknocker's Superfly Yellow '87 GT
355ci Chevy
....chicks dig it, men fear it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay