Started on: 02-23-2016 09:21 PM
Replies: 128 (8445 views)
Last post by: mender on 04-11-2020 01:59 AM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2018 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alley-oop!
IP: Logged
mender

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for menderSend a Private Message to menderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I replaced the '#' character in the URL for the images with '%23'... you didn't do anything 'wrong'... the internet is stupid.

Thanks!

No updates, have been working on other stuff including another endurance racing team and car. '95 Honda Civic with a B18B; I'm learning lots about the alphabet soup engine codes, picked up a B18C for next year's upgrades. Also, the Fiero is up on my spare hoist with lots of engines and transmissions underneath including the M-B V12 for my future AMG Hammer clone.

Hoping to get back and finish up the wiring, exhaust, and oil cooler installation soon, then should be ready to make some noise.

[This message has been edited by mender (edited 08-23-2018).]

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates?

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

"The day I tried to live, I stole a thousand beggars' change and gave it to the rich."
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

mender

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for menderSend a Private Message to menderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I look at it every day while I work through the stuff that's preventing me from finishing it. A week ago I took a rear wheel off so I could fit yet another project under it.

On a related note, I also took my '83 RZ-350 to the shop to get it ready to sell. Rebuilt the carbs today, hope to get it fired up for the first time in seven years within the next week or so. Yes, it's underneath the Fiero as well.

Things are looking up though, next year should have less distractions as I think I'm just about done with the endurance racing and will use the Fiero for local races. Looking forward to that!
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2019 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Daryl M

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2019 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl MSend a Private Message to Daryl MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could always go with the LFX/F40 combo.the Saab F40 can be had for $400-500 bucks and is not that difficult.
mender

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2020 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for menderSend a Private Message to menderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figured I would update a little, not much has happened. Did finish up the exhaust so about all that's left is the final wiring and a remote oil cooler installation. Then the front suspension and brake upgrades, a few more tweaks on the rear suspension, an adjustable rear sway bar, and so on, and so on...

I will admit to getting sidetracked with the Civic that we bought as a beginner car for a new endurance racing team. Much to my surprise, the EG Civic has turned out to be a really competent endurance race car. I went through the suspension and it works very well, just begs to be driven hard. So of course the next step is always more power! This last winter I built a B18C1 engine for it with a few mods and upgraded the transaxle with closer ratios. 8500 rpm shift points and 6300 rpm recovery rpm should make some nice sounds, and the jump from 132 whp to 185 whp should be noticable.

The Fiero is still the car I intend to play with on local tracks but the Civic is very entertaining... for now.

[This message has been edited by mender (edited 04-07-2020).]

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2020 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about this project the other day, I'm glad it hasn't totally died.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

cognita semper

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

mender

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2020 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for menderSend a Private Message to menderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be pulling everything back out to clean things up and finish welding the various brackets. Also going to check to make sure I installed a steel shim between the flywheel bolts (Mitsubishi?) and the aluminum flywheel, don't want material creep to reduce the tension in those bolts.

I've been pecking away at the smaller stuff as well, upgraded to the Lemforder bushings in the front and rear lower control arms, fabbed up a rear bumpsteer kit and installed it, sorted out an adjustable rear sway bar set-up, mapped out all the suspension pivot locations in 3D, started on the Wilwood front brakes with two piece rotors, and a few other odds and ends.

The next big project after getting it running will be some aero work. I bought a C5 rear hatch to see what could be done about getting better airflow over the top and back of the car and a swap meet rear wing from a Top Dragster. A splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser will join the rear wing and hatch.

[This message has been edited by mender (edited 04-11-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock