Started on: 11-30-2015 10:49 PM
Replies: 36 (1145 views)
Last post by: Francis T on 07-19-2017 03:13 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My EPROM programmer is an old parallel port job. It works okay, for what it is, but I'm starting to worry about the integrity of the computer that I've been using to burn chips. Time to upgrade the laptop and (since nothing has a parallel port any more) the programmer.

So... what are you all using to program your EPROMs. I don't care anything about doing flash programming or other "on the fly" stuff.
Just a simple USB programmer will do.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moates burn2. Cheap and works. Good for minor changes.
I want to upgrade to an ostrich emulator. I find myself making constant changes. I didn't anticipate that getting into this
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by f85gtron:

Moates burn2. Cheap and works. Good for minor changes.
I want to upgrade to an ostrich emulator. I find myself making constant changes. I didn't anticipate that getting into this

It looks great except that I still want to be able to do 2732s, and this one won't.
But it's definitely a possibility. Thanks!

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am using a Genius G540 eprom/flash USB programmer. They sell on eBay for $45 shipped which is a good buy. Its Chinese, like everything else electronic these days but it works. For editing eproms Tunercat is used. Good equipment and program for 80's GM tuning. For OBDII it doesn't get much better than HP Tuners that handles all OBDII applications that I have tuned.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.rakuten.com/prod...id:14868890329%7ctid la-119755519009%7ccrid :60879544129%7cnw:g%7crnd:7355329542406363446%7cdvc:c%7cadp:1o5&gclid=CjwKEAiAp_WyBRD37bGB_ZO9qAYSJAA72IkgZ7pSU5V7LwFHE6dRpRR7LUKbaIgDrtEBfVGx571UhxoCrqDw_wcB

You will also need a 9v power supply with this for programming 2732 chips.
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I am using a Genius G540 eprom/flash USB programmer. They sell on eBay for $45 shipped which is a good buy. Its Chinese, like everything else electronic these days but it works.

Me too. I've been really happy with it. Works great and can't beat the price.

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 12-01-2015).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

http://www.rakuten .com/prod...id:14868890329%7ctid la-119755519009%7ccrid :60879544129%7cnw:g%7crnd:7355329542406363446%7cdvc:c%7cadp:1o5&gclid=CjwKEAiAp_WyBRD37bGB_ZO9qAYSJAA72IkgZ7pSU5V7LwFHE6dRpRR7LUKbaIgDrtEBfVGx571UhxoCrqDw_wcB

You will also need a 9v power supply with this for programming 2732 chips.

Been using this same one for several years with no issues.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!
I saw several of those online, but knew nothing about them. I appreciate the recommendations.

With that said... I'm amazed at how the prices have dropped. (I thought that PROM programming was a dying art. Perhaps not.)
My last programmer (the parallel port one) was over $100, and it was really "bare bones", and not that reliable. It worked fine when it was new, but after it had gotten a bit older, it needed to "warm up" for a couple of hours (seriously) before it would read/write reliably.

Technology marches on, I suppose. Thanks again!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40747 posts
Member since Oct 1999
Okay. Just ordered the GQ-4X.
The other was tempting (especially at half the price) but it specifically spelled out a 32 bit OS, where the GQ-4X will work with 64 bit as well.
Thanks again.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Me too. I've been really happy with it. Works great and can't beat the price.

I have used the Genius G540 programmer with Windows 7 w/o problems. What operating system are you using it with? It seems to program all 2732A , 27128 and 27265 eproms well. Haven't tried it on flash memory yet but can't imagine a problem programming those.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-01-2015).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have only used it with Windows 7, and no issues. I upgraded my computer to Windows 10, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I don't expect any problems. Having said that, I'm thinking of going back to Windows 7 anyway. Really not a fan of this new OS.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I have used the Genius G540 programmer with Windows 7 w/o problems. What operating system are you using it with?

I'm using Windows 7 as well, but mine is 64 bit.
The G540 specifically spelled out 32 bit, while the other mentioned 64. Otherwise, I'd have probably gone with the G540, if for no other reason than 50 bucks is 50 bucks.
Thanks!
(Got an email. The other one is in shipping, already.)
imabuzzkill

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imabuzzkillSend a Private Message to imabuzzkillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I read, the newest driver for the Genius G540 is 64 bit compatible.

I don't have one to say for sure.

Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I should have mentioned. I was using Windows 7, 64 bit with the G540. No issues.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a review of the Genius 540 that I found pretty funny:

[b]•GENIUS G540/G840 universal device programmer - It caused amazing problems simply trying to program a PIC16F84A. Also it has the manual from hell!

Do not even contemplate this programmer unless you are a native Chinese scholar and can locate the original manual. The 'Engrish' one is practically useless (Ian.M) [/
b]

He said Engrish....
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Here is a review of the Genius 540 that I found pretty funny:

[b]•GENIUS G540/G840 universal device programmer - It caused amazing problems simply trying to program a PIC16F84A. Also it has the manual from hell!

Do not even contemplate this programmer unless you are a native Chinese scholar and can locate the original manual. The 'Engrish' one is practically useless (Ian.M) [/
b]

He said Engrish....

My Engrish is great, so I had no issues.

Not really sure what his problem was ...there really isn't much you have to do with it. Took me about 15 minutes to figure out everything required. No issues reading chips, or burning new programs back to them. Perhaps I'm a native Chinese scholar and didn't realize...
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been using a Sivana Wellem Pro.
They're all Chinese now.
I've read 27c128 and 27c256, wrote 27sf256, some serial eeproms, and one on my motherboard.
Came with adapters for plgg32 and a few others.
The only problem I've has wasn't with the programmer as much as with older Eproms. A lot of them don't have the true manufactures on them. The one for the 1993 3800 PCM had to set to a Phillips 27c256 to read it. It is a little picky that you have the right manufacture when reading. I'm glad the software that came with it had a boat load of options.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing to note is that the 2732 eproms came in two different versions, 2732 and 2732A that used different programming voltages. If it is not set right on the programmer, the eprom will not program .
On later eproms like the 27C512 that is used on the Cadillac 4.9L OBD1 ECM you can substitute the easier to work with flash memory 27SF512 You will need to unsolder many connections and alter the memcal for a socket or use the Moates memcal adapter to be able to plug it in. The pin outs are the same.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotcha. The programmer I have had for several years (that I am replacing) actually has three programming voltages for the "2732 series" chips, depending upon which version you were programming.
It was always a bit "sketchy". Sometimes I had to run the voltages up higher than was called for, in order to write to the chip. Of course, that was usually the last time that chip could be programmed. (In itself, a good reason to replace the programmer, even ignoring the previously mentioned parallel port interface.)
All of my 4.9 chips are 27SF512s. I never had any issues with those, other than the flakey programmer. I soldered a socket into the MEMCAL.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-04-2015).]

IXSLR8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IXSLR8Send a Private Message to IXSLR8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a newby at doing this myself and haven't bought one of these yet.

Question: Can you use these EPROM programmers to make a simple copy of the existing chip you already have in your OBD1 ECM? I'd like to make some backup copies of the custom one I have should the chip go bad. Do you need software to run the programmer or to copy the chip?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any required software will almost always ship with the programmer.
It's easy to copy a chip. You just read the chip and save the file.
To make a copy, you pretty much just plug in a blank chip, and program it using the saved file.

Some may do direct copies, but I doubt it. At least the cheap azz programmer that I had before wouldn't.
Still... it isn't that hard to do the "read, save, program" thing.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-05-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Making copies isn't a problem. Making any changes requires you have an editor and a file for that ECM that allows you to decode the hex information into something that you can read. Unless you know how to read hex decimal and know what the addresses for the changes are and what number is expected.
Tuner pro has a good compare feature to make sure your copy is digitally the same as the original.
IXSLR8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IXSLR8Send a Private Message to IXSLR8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the kind explanation.
GT40 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I know this thread is a few years old, but is anyone here able to program changes for me?
I have a 3800 SC series 1, with 4T60E auto that came out of a 1995 Buick Riviera.
I'm doing the F40 6 spd swap.
I also have 3 extra EPROMs. I only need one changed. GM part number is 1#16204419
Or, can you recommend someone?
Thanks, Kevin

------------------
67 GT-40 Mark II, 3800 S/C auto, 85 Fiero based (ASPP) kit. Held suspension and coil-overs all around with 2" dropped spindles. Mike's leather interior. And a whole lot more...

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT40 3.8 SC:

So I know this thread is a few years old, but is anyone here able to program changes for me?
I have a 3800 SC series 1, with 4T60E auto that came out of a 1995 Buick Riviera.
I'm doing the F40 6 spd swap.
I also have 3 extra EPROMs. I only need one changed. GM part number is 1#16204419
Or, can you recommend someone?
Thanks, Kevin

If that ECM uses eproms and its not flash based, the 95 3800SC might be the only series II that used OBD 1.5. All of the other 3800SC's use OBD II. If this is true, it would surprise me that GM did not do the change over in that model year. Assume that this is correct you need to find someone that has the editing file for that specific one year ECM program. The later OBD 1.5 ECM's employed a memcal where the eprom was soldered in and it unfastens as a unit. If your computer has one of these Memcal's then there is no separate eprom socket and I recommend that you purchase the Moates adapter and a zif socket. This will make memory chip insertion and removal easy.
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-23-2017).]

cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was running a 1993 Series 1 that had a 1995 charger on it. Through all the reading that I had done the 1995 3800SC was series 1. Although the N/A 3800 was Series II.
The 1994/1995 3800 SCs had the later gen 3 M62. Epoxy coated/ tighter tolerances. But still M62.
I have to admit, it was the smoothest 3800 that I have run.
Unless you have a UV eraser, you can't edit the stock proms. Only read them. Even with a UV eraser, they don't like to be rewritten. Highly suggest a EEprom like SST 27sf512. I have been using the 256 version and have been able to rewrite many times.
The 1993 PCM that I'm using uses the above mentioned "memcal". With soldered in prom. I had to rape a memcal to make an adapter that I soldered a ZIF socket to. It was a pain. And suggest using the mentioned Moats adapter. Much easier and cleaner. The memcal also has calibration chips on it. Supposed to be for "limp in mode". But have found if the prom is not read properly, it won;t run anyway.
Also you may have a hard time finding a base BIN and exchange files(different tuner software uses different names for it). Tuner Pro uses XDF. GMEpro(dos) uses EPE. You can read the stock prom for a base BIN.
I'm using the 16141470 PCM. Even though it is much more popular than the 1994/1995 3800 PCMs I have found a few issues with the Tuner Pro XDF.
Mostly with the SC timing tables. Some of the values would be entered wrong.
A little reading material
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/134285-2.html
http://www.gearhead-efi.com...3800-SC-16183247-ECM
http://www.exatorq.com/GMApplicationListOBD1
http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm#GM really should have the $5B7 but is marked TBD

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 01-23-2017).]

GT40 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, most of this is way over my head. But to clarify, My EPROM is a plug in and not soldered in. I do know the PCM is different in the Riviera from the Park Avenue because the guy that made up the harness simply did it as a Park Avenue and it didn't work. The harness for a park avenue doesn't use a red wire from the MAF to the computer. The harness guy removed this wire from the computer plug and simply taped it off. I tried for weeks to figure it out and finally bought the service manual, $160, for the riviera and after looking at the wiring schematics knew there was no MAF red wire. I un-taped the wire, plugged it in and it worked. I have no idea why he would do this but it caused me a lot of headaches.
I believe my engine is OBD ll. I have a Tech 2 scanner that works with it. If I can't find someone to burn an EPROM for this I'll had a lot of parts for sale.
Kevin
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any one ever use a usb programmer that can do TI 2532 chips? Radar will yours do that? as I can come up with a pc with parallel port, just to program those.
I have a stack of those and would like to program them.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2017 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The old one or the new one? I've never tried to do a 2532.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2017 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The old one or the new one? I've never tried to do a 2532.

Old one, (well either) most new ones barely do 2732s
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2017 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT40 3.8 SC:
I believe my engine is OBD ll. I have a Tech 2 scanner that works with it. If I can't find someone to burn an EPROM for this I'll had a lot of parts for sale.
Kevin

Unfortunately, your ECM is OBDI, but the stock installation used an OBDII style of ALDL connector. It's confusing, but GM was in a transition period. Many of the Error codes, etc in your ECM are OBDII style. You're lucky if your scanner will read it. I finally tracked down an OBDI scanner that would almost work, but the Riviera is a real oddball. It does use the same ECM as the Park Ave / Bonneville / TransSport- but of course the PROM is programmed differently. The ECM is known for failure. I pulled 4 from the Pick and Pull, and they were all Rebuilt ( so the original had failed).

As I mentioned in your other post, Ryan at Sinister Performance is the man to go to for this programming. If anyone can work it out, it will be him. sp1@gmtuners.com

------------------
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e.

PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2017 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a PCI-bus add-on parallel port card for my somewhat recent desktop PC.
GT40 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2017 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks darbysan, I have emailed Ryan and awaiting his reply.
Kevin
stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2017 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Gotcha. The programmer I have had for several years (that I am replacing) actually has three programming voltages for the "2732 series" chips, depending upon which version you were programming.
It was always a bit "sketchy". Sometimes I had to run the voltages up higher than was called for, in order to write to the chip. Of course, that was usually the last time that chip could be programmed. (In itself, a good reason to replace the programmer, even ignoring the previously mentioned parallel port interface.)
All of my 4.9 chips are 27SF512s. I never had any issues with those, other than the flakey programmer. I soldered a socket into the MEMCAL.

me personally, i keep an older nItel Xeon industrial PC computer, ( small mainboard ), with a parallel port on it out in the garage, thats where i do all my programming. i have it dual boot for DOS and windows XP, because i have some legacy software that i use that still runs in a DOS environment for OBD-1 stuff, and won't run inside a windows command prompt . My programmer is a Willem programmer, fairly versatile, programs the full range/spectrum of proms

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291531758605
stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2017 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

stickpony

1187 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by Neils88:

I have only used it with Windows 7, and no issues. I upgraded my computer to Windows 10, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I don't expect any problems. Having said that, I'm thinking of going back to Windows 7 anyway. Really not a fan of this new OS.

same here, hate windows 10.. ive given it a go on 3 separate ocassions, each time, using it for 3 + weeks... the 3rd time, i even downloaded that windows classic app trhat setups the functionality of the OS to look and feel like windows 7, and i still nixed windows 10 , wont go back to it.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
our old paraleI burner has seen better days. Thus, I'm going to buy a Genius-G540-USB-Universal-Bios-GAL-Programmer to burn some custom chips for my very modified NA 87 2.8 and my 86 turbo 2.8

That said, we lost our file listing the parameters, such as; rev limiter, ign adv, EGR-off, decel lean-off, add x%? fuel, etc etc. if someone can send me such or advise where to find it, i would appreciate it very much.
thanks
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2017 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I now have a G540 and cannot get it read chips or do much else, I keep getting the same error:
illegitimacy user ID detected
MY SON TRIED TO BURN CHIPS ON HIS SYSTEM, BUT COULD NOT READ ANY.
DID THAT LOCK THE DEVICE TO HIS SYSTEM?
DOES THUS MANUFACTURER HAVE A SUPPORT SITE?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock