Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Thread size on brake pedal brake light switch ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Thread size on brake pedal brake light switch ? by ltlfrari
Started on: 08-27-2015 08:53 PM
Replies: 2 (328 views)
Last post by: peterh on 06-15-2019 01:40 PM
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brake light switch (part num D850a) has come out of the little clip that holds in place and does not seem to want to stay put when I put it back.
Just in case I cannot fix the clip and/or get he switch to stay where it needs to be I was thinking of using a couple of jam nuts on the threaded part but for the life of me I cannot find the thread size of the stem on the switch.
I 'think' it might be m12x1.25 but not sure.
Anyone know?

Also, how do you get the clip out that holds it in place on the pedal assembly, or is that even possible. Not a lot of room under there for a big guy like me!

Thanks

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone is interested it's 1/2 inch-20.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

peterh

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for peterhSend a Private Message to peterhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just had to do this on my car. I installed the larger brake booster and Rodney's extension and found my brake were on and had drained the battery.
Luckily I had a nut on hand in the right size.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock