Wagner Theroquiet Brake Pads. MX261 by k5ahudson
Started on: 08-12-2015 04:26 AM
Replies: 36 (866 views)
Last post by: k5ahudson on 05-17-2016 11:48 AM
k5ahudson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for k5ahudsonSend a Private Message to k5ahudsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello. Would anyone know where I could pickup a front set of Wagner Theroquiet Pads MX261? This has been discontinued recently by Wagner, but I'm hoping somebody out there will have some old stock on a shelf somewhere. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Wagne...-Front/dp/B000CQPQPQ
AutoParts http://www.autopartsexpress...quiet-disc-brake-pad

.------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-12-2015).]

seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered them from three vendors, who kept dicking around and eventually not shipping them (including amazon), though none would seem to admit that they *couldn't* get them, just extending the delay.

Good luck.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None at Rock Auto. Those fit allot of other GM cars. Hope Wagner doesn't give up on them!

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 08-12-2015).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone contact the manufacturer?
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wagner has changed their product line. They are currently phasing out the thermo quiet pads to be replaced by the perfect stop series of pads. Found this out from the Wagner representative at local auto value parts store. He just happened to be there. What luck. The perfect stop line of pads use Wagner's new technology for there pads. This is the replacement for. If looking for the thermo quiets, they are now discontinued for the Fiero. Look for the perfect stop pads. Hole this helps anyone looking for good pads for a fiero
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great. Sometimes new product line is better.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody tested the 'Perfect Stop' pads?
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't have much long lasting performance with the Wagner thermoquiets, but they were installed on the drilled and slotted rotors I bought on eBay. And, the more I'm discovering about past repairs that have had to be re-done, the pads may have been installed incorrectly.
I don't drive my 86 GT more than 1000 miles / year, so I can't say that hard driving was a factor. However, I researched the Wagner line, and the thermoquiets were highly recommended. Just my damn luck...
bb
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

I just bought a set from Amazon. Some vendor in Jersey.
I think I got the last set in existence. They were loose in the box, although obviously unused. The box looked like it had been around for a long time.
k5ahudson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for k5ahudsonSend a Private Message to k5ahudsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AutoParts http://www.autopartsexpress...quiet-disc-brake-pad

I see you live in Canada too, but Auto Parts Express will not let me enter my Canadian address. WTF?

PFF
System Bot
k5ahudson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for k5ahudsonSend a Private Message to k5ahudsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

k5ahudson

10 posts
Member since Oct 2014

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Anyone contact the manufacturer?

I did weeks ago. Discontinued even though they are still on the Wagner website.

k5ahudson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for k5ahudsonSend a Private Message to k5ahudsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I just bought a set from Amazon. Some vendor in Jersey.
I think I got the last set in existence. They were loose in the box, although obviously unused. The box looked like it had been around for a long time.

How long did it take for you to get them? It says 2 - 4 weeks. Did it take that long?

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Just a couple of days.
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the perfect stops on all my cars and truck. They have been out for almost a year now. On two fieros, s10, and my STS. Minimal dusting and work great even after ya heat them up. I did dads brakes right before he went to run for the hills last year in his 4.9 formula. Said they were the best brakes he's had on a Fiero......that's almost 20 years of Fiero...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bkw88:

I have the perfect stops on all my cars and truck. They have been out for almost a year now. On two fieros, s10, and my STS. Minimal dusting and work great even after ya heat them up. I did dads brakes right before he went to run for the hills last year in his 4.9 formula. Said they were the best brakes he's had on a Fiero......that's almost 20 years of Fiero...

Sounds like a ringing endorsement for Wagner's new pads to me!!

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-13-2015).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15155 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by k5ahudson:

I see you live in Canada too, but Auto Parts Express will not let me enter my Canadian address. WTF?

Use Auto Value (3 stores in London)
http://autovalue.com/lookupparts.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-13-2015).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fun... Looks like Wanger change Brand names...
www.perfectstop.com doesn't say much and "where to buy" link there and above link doesn't work in some/all versions of FF (might be a plugin problem.)

code:
For 84-87 Fiero:
Part Number Manufacturer Part Description
PS261M PERFECT STOP Front Semi Metallic Pads
PS262M PERFECT STOP Rear Semi Metallic Pads
Need 1 each per car

PS378M PERFECT STOP Front/Rear Semi Metallic Pads
Need 1 each per axle

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have never heard of Auto Value before.

Also, at the risk of straying off-thread: k5ahudson, we should get together. Have you seen this event on Saturday? PM'd instead so we don't take the thread sideways.

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 08-14-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've used the Wagner Thermoquiet brake pads with good results and am sad to see them discontinued. It sounds as though Wagner may be going to cheaper off shore Asian sources to supply lower quality at higher profits. If we must buy Chinese product, Centric appears to be a decent quality brand.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfect Stop and www.perfectstop.com IS NOT a Wanger/Federal-Mogul brand etc.

Perfect Stopâ„¢ is a trademark of Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, Inc. per their site at bottom.
They are a parts distributor that re-brands the parts they sell. (Basically Kenmore NAPA or even ACDelco is now.)
See Bloomberg Listing

If Wanger stops making Fiero pads under TQ brand then very likely they stopped making same pad for others and number for Perfect Stop can/will dry up too.

Note too....
Is not just Parts makers that dump old parts. Many vendors like RA are reducing inventory for Fiero and other old cars.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 08-15-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Pads are called the Wagner Perfect Stop. Quit trying to buy stuff online e and go to your local parts store. I just bought a set for $33 yesterday. If you go to the parts store they will find you what you want......and help keep people in a job.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder if Wagner made the Thermo Quites themselves. Regardless, if their quality control is good, and no reason to believe it is questionable to date, the Perfect Stop pads should be fine. I look forward to my first set as I like Wagner pads, shoes, drums and rotors. Some say there is better out there, great, go buy them. I'm a happy camper using Wagner products.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 08-15-2015).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

I have never heard of Auto Value before.

They are my local "go to" source - never had any problems unless it's "dealer parts" I'm looking for.
I prefer them to NAPA - who I will also use on occasion as they have different suppliers.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Pads are called the Wagner Perfect Stop. Quit trying to buy stuff online e and go to your local parts store. I just bought a set for $33 yesterday. If you go to the parts store they will find you what you want......and help keep people in a job.

And I paid like $26, online, for what appears to be the last set of Thermoquiets in existence.
Would have bought locally, but they weren't available. Nor were the Ram clutch and flywheel bolts. We drive Fieros... remember?
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2015 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
partsgeak.com has 4 sets of rears..

carid.com has 2 sets..

not that hard to find..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 08-15-2015).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

carid.com has 2 sets..

not that hard to find..

k5ahudson's in Canada. Ordering from the States involves exchange (Canadian $ is low right now) and ridiculous shipping charges.

k5ahudson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for k5ahudsonSend a Private Message to k5ahudsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You haven't bought them in Canada have you? Expect to pay AT LEAST twice that.
k5ahudson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for k5ahudsonSend a Private Message to k5ahudsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

k5ahudson

10 posts
Member since Oct 2014

carid.com has 2 sets..

not that hard to find..

I've found other sources online that say they have them in stock, but when you go to order they don't.

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by k5ahudson:

I've found other sources online that say they have them in stock, but when you go to order they don't.

This has also been my experience.
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

seq

270 posts
Member since Jun 2013

carid.com has 2 sets..

not that hard to find..

Rears are mx262, not mx261. Rears are easily available still, apparently. (I didn't have issues getting mine).

Carid.com says mx261 is out of stock.
PFF
System Bot
bnevets27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bnevets27Send a Private Message to bnevets27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that thermoquiets can't be found. And I can't seem to find a supplier for the Perfect stops. Called a few supplies listed on the wagner perfect stops "where to buy" and they cant get the pads for the fiero. I'm in Canada.

Suggestions?
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raysbestes PGD261 not the SGD261. Had the rear PGD262 on another Fiero and they held up well with very little noise. Just put a set of PGD on the front of my current Fiero. So far so good. Had Bendix on the front of the other car. They held up, but were noisey and riveted. Not a fan of smaller riveted pads.
Most manufactures are going to a "value" line and a service line.
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the new PS Number for the fronts, says by Wagner. Perfect Stop PS261M Front Semi Metallic Brake Pads

There are some on ebay. Hope this helps!

Disc Brake Pad Front Perfect Stop PS261M fits 84-87 Pontiac Fiero

Below is link to their store locater, they show numerous stores that have them around me, hopefully where you are too.

where to buy - Perfect Stop by Wagner

Closest one I found to you in Ontario is:

Odessa Auto Supply
123 Main Street
ODESSA, ON K0H 2H0
Distance: 10.36 miles
Phone: 613-386-5617

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 05-16-2016).]

Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ponnari

565 posts
Member since Dec 2011
Just my 2c,

For those of you that have a NAPA store near you I am currently using these below, since I could not get the ThermoQuiets. I have about 1,500 miles on them so far and am very pleased! Seem to be low noise, low dust and excellent stopping power, Time will tell on pad and rotor wear . So far so good.

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 05-16-2016).]

bnevets27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bnevets27Send a Private Message to bnevets27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponnari:

Below is link to their store locater, they show numerous stores that have them around me, hopefully where you are too.

where to buy - Perfect Stop by Wagner

Closest one I found to you in Ontario is:

Odessa Auto Supply
123 Main Street
ODESSA, ON K0H 2H0
Distance: 10.36 miles
Phone: 613-386-5617

Thanks Ponnari, Unfortunately I've already called a few of the stores listed on wagers perfect stop website, all of them around here don't even have the fiero listed.

I also found that ebay link, looks like one of the only places to buy them which is weird to me. Unfortunately getting it to my door and with exchange it will be $80 for one set, $160 for the whole car, now I'm ok with paying a premium for pads but that's a bit much. Especially when I got the rear thermoquiets for $25. It doesn't look like anything above economy pads/rotors are stocked in Canada so I'm basically limited to rock auto for decent selection and price but that leaves me with only a few part numbers to choose from.

If the Raysbestes PGD261 are good, I may just have to end up with them. Thanks for the info cmechmann.
k5ahudson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for k5ahudsonSend a Private Message to k5ahudsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bnevets27:

If the Raysbestes PGD261 are good, I may just have to end up with them. Thanks for the info cmechmann.

Raybestos is eventually what I ended up purchasing. They work just fine.
After I purchased them I was told about a pad many mechanics are raving about made in Guelph, Ontario. Ideal Pads. They do make pads for a Fiero....
http://www.idealbrakeparts.com/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock