Fuel pump replacement for 85 fiero gt by fieroguy75
Started on: 07-20-2015 07:26 PM
Replies: 10 (800 views)
Last post by: Ponnari on 07-21-2015 02:31 PM
fieroguy75

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy75Click Here to visit fieroguy75's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroguy75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't remember where the lines go and don't see any arrows on the fuel lines.I know there's the main feed,return and the vent
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was an excellent write up on how to replace the fuel pump done by PFF member "Brocephus" link is below:

Fuel pump replacement

There is a lot of pic's, it might help you determine where the lines connect to if yours hasn't been disturbed to much.

Hope this helps, good luck

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

fieroguy75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy75Click Here to visit fieroguy75's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroguy75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man
fieroguy75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy75Click Here to visit fieroguy75's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroguy75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy75

66 posts
Member since Apr 2014
I read the thread,gr8 info but he was smart and marked his lines,whoever dropped the tank on mine,didn't
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its the three small metal lines (and hoses) you're struggling with I assume?

Note they are three different sizes. Check the hoses. The largest two hoses (probably 3/8" and 5/16" I.D. respectively if I remember right) are for the fuel feed and return lines which run side-by-side up to the fuel rail (easy to tell which is which - the filter is located on the feed line). The smallest hose is for the Evap canister and its the one that doesn't head up to the fuel rail, obviously. On later cars, the Evap line is routed differently that how its shown in that linked thread. Anyway, the hoses should all fit properly back on the three metal lines from the pump I would think unless someone has replaced them and used the wrong sizes. You could probably measure the O.D of the metal lines to be sure.
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry that link didn't help. Let me see what I can find when I get home tonight, might not be able to post till tomorrow morning.
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ponnari

565 posts
Member since Dec 2011
ok , had this with me on my thumb drive

Heres what I think it is, maybe someone else can confirm
The green line is the fuel line to the engine, red to vapor canister, and blue is the return fule line.

I'll see if I have anything else when I get home.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponnari:

Heres what I think it is, maybe someone else can confirm
The green line is the fuel line to the engine, red to vapor canister, and blue is the return fule line.

I'll see if I have anything else when I get home.

I agree. Note the double hose clamps on the fuel feed line.

fieroguy75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy75Click Here to visit fieroguy75's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroguy75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks you guys
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its hard to hook the lines up wrong. The fuel feed line is 3/8" fuel injection line while the return line is 5/16" fuel injection line.
While you are at it ; its a good idea to replace the 30+ YR old fuel fill line elbow connection. They do crack and if they do at the next stop when you gas up and start, the car goes boom!
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-21-2015).]

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to "fieroguy75"

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors