Replace exhaust maifold gaskets by gtcarman
Started on: 07-14-2015 09:09 PM
Replies: 2 (166 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-16-2015 08:44 AM
gtcarman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtcarmanSend a Private Message to gtcarmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
am now handicapped. Need new exhaust gaskets, studs, etc for 85 GT V-6. Am in NW Chicago. Can anyone help,.... for pay of course. What would a fair price be at a regular garage??..Most will not work on a Fiero or know anything about it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
slazo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slazoSend a Private Message to slazoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have taken my Fiero to 'Golf and Crawford Shell' in Skokie and am very satisfied with the work they've done. They are very fair in their pricing and very honest. I believe their labor rates are $85/hr, which is pretty cheap. Give them a call at 847-677-9228 and ask for Gus. He owned a Fiero some years back, and is familiar with them (and still willing to work on them!). He may be willing to tackle this job.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replacing manifold exhaust gaskets can be easy but it could be hard. Rusted and heat cycled bolts 30 yrs old tend to snap in the head and this sometimes requires some expert stud removal techniques. If you have an exhaust leak it is most often a cracked front manifold and that could require attention as well. I estimate labor on this job could run anywhere from 3-5 hours.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock