TPS sensor. Should this be adjustable by firstred84
Started on: 07-14-2015 08:12 PM
Replies: 1 (198 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 07-14-2015 10:07 PM
firstred84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstred84Send a Private Message to firstred84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1984 SE, 2.5L. I replaced the TPS sensor because I was getting an error code (22) and low voltage warning. I was also getting a rich fuel notification. I got this info from the scan tool I purchased from the Fiero Store. I thought the TPS sensor was supposed to have slots for the screws so it could be adjusted. The one I took off and the one I purchased from Autozone did not have slots.

I am now getting a MAP sensor error code and low voltage warning since I have replaced the TPS sensor. I checked my vacuum lines and they are hooked up correctly. Any ideas!!! Will the Fiero Store TPS have slots? The original problem (besides getting an error code) was hesitation and engine cutting out. It was still drivable, but I new it had issues.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the TPS doesn't have slots to adjust it, you can "cheat" by bending the little metal tab. Use needle-nose pliers, and be very careful. You shouldn't need to bend it much. And it's easy to ruin the little metal arm, if you're not careful.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock