Case learn 3800 with manual transmission and 1997 pcm by WHEELIE
Started on: 07-14-2015 02:58 PM
Replies: 1 (140 views)
Last post by: Darth Fiero on 07-14-2015 03:30 PM
WHEELIE

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to perform a case learn on my swap but I cannot get the scanner to read neutral or park . I have 4 wires from the pcm ..yellow, white,gray, black/w. I tried grounding all the wires, some of the wires . No change. With key on engine off , scanner shows 3rd gear and when I start it it shows quickly 2 then 1 . No combination of grounding the wires changes this. I also show code P0706 trans range sensor circuit. Is there more to it than just grounding wires? I want to do this because I have replaced the engine and I have a few different pcm's I am trying. 2 different pcm's same thing.
thanks wheelie
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There could be one of two possibilities you may be encountering here, so please read both below.

ISSUE 1: Your 1997 PCM may not support the CASE Learn function. Some did, some did not. If your PCM is not setting a P1336 code, then you shouldn't need to do a CASE Learn and doing a CASE Learn may not be possible with your PCM.

ISSUE 2: You may not be grounding the correct wires, or the presence of other trouble codes may be preventing the CASE Learn function from being enabled. On the 1997 PCM, you need to ground the blk/wht wire going to C1-69 and the wht wire going to C1-72 to fool the PCM into thinking the transmission is in park. The PCM may also want to see a change of state on the TCC brake switch input terminal, pin C1-67. This signal needs to show 12v + voltage with key on and drop to 0 volts when you press on the brake pedal. But if you are using a manual transmission and the PCM is not custom tuned to work with a manual, codes will set and these may prevent a CASE Learn from being done.

Let me know what you come up with.

-ryan

------------------
More is more. Less is not enough.

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave