Noisy Injectors and High Idle by maxdrex4
Started on: 07-11-2015 09:57 PM
Replies: 4 (114 views)
Last post by: f85gtron on 07-13-2015 06:09 AM
maxdrex4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maxdrex4Send a Private Message to maxdrex4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys!

This is my first time posting on the forum! I bought an 87 Fiero 2.8 with 32k miles for my first car a year ago and have had some small idling/missing issues with it so I decided to take the intake manifold apart this weekend and put new gaskets on it, as well as inspect the vacuum lines. Anyway, i finally got the thing put back together and the injectors seem much louder than they were before, with a high idle at 2k rpm. The o rings looked good so I didn't replace them. I'm worried about both the injectors and a vacuum leak. I'm pretty sure that i have all of the lines hooked up, especially the big ones. I'll check the EGR tube for a crack tomorrow, since I did bend it around quite a bit while assembling the car. I'm just wondering if I did something wrong with the fuel injectors or if anyone has a good idea. Timing was reset close to 10deg with the cable jumped because I pulled the dizzy.

Thanks!
Max
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spray wd40 or starter fluid (carefully!) around each injector and the egr tube and listen for upswing in rpm. But if you've got a 2k idle, I'd say go straight to the egr pipe first before the motor and exhaust get hot. Then Take it off and check it out good. You breath on them funny and they crack.

[This message has been edited by f85gtron (edited 07-12-2015).]

fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do this when the engine is cold. brake cleaner also works.
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieromatty

393 posts
Member since Apr 2010
Do you hear a high pitched whistle? Usually you can hear the vacuum leak.

Also check around the idle air supply tube.
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromatty:

Also check around the idle air supply tube.

GOOD ONE! I completely forgot about that!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock