Question for the 3800 into an 84 swappers by Dave E Bouy
Started on: 07-07-2015 10:38 AM
Replies: 13 (190 views)
Last post by: longjonsilver on 03-20-2024 04:13 PM
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Swapping a Series II into an 84. I can manage the different wiring but I do not know what to do with pin R on the C203 connector. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks DF
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Scott2scott, he just finished a swap in his 84.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress--IT'S ALIVE !!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Slammed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing. Delete it.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

PM Scott2scott, he just finished a swap in his 84.

I will. Thanks

DF
Slammed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've got a PM
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R is nothing . I sent u a pm. Iv got pics of my 84 as i was goin along.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
The 84 fiero doesnt have engiugh power to run the 3800 from just c203 . U will need to run 3 extra wire from the c203 upto the fuse box and put them into open spots in the back of it. And crip them down. One wire needs always 12v power for an other 2 only when key comes ON . They will come out of pins J ,L, G and go to fuse box
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I build an 84 harness I use a power relay and extra fuses in the engine bay. This keeps the harness plug and play.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2015 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

The 84 fiero doesnt have engiugh power to run the 3800 from just c203 . U will need to run 3 extra wire from the c203 upto the fuse box and put them into open spots in the back of it. And crip them down. One wire needs always 12v power for an other 2 only when key comes ON . They will come out of pins J ,L, G and go to fuse box

WHY?
is it the 6 injectors or the 3 coils,
The injectors I'd think be driven by drivers in the ecu..
can't see the coil pack adding that much more draw..
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wiring wise it is just a matter of making the harness for an 84 and moving the C500 towards the driver's side so it clears the exhaust of a V6 engine and you need to run a few extra wires from the fuse box to power the extra needed ignition requirements of the newer engines.
That's it for differences in the 84 to other years swap wise ,
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
the 3 wires added to the c203 in the 84 because the 84 wireing id diff than other years.one of the wires with the key ON supply six injectors with one wire. the second wire power for the maf,bbv,o2 sensor, and the 3rd wire is for battery power all the time for pcm c1, pin 20 and pin 19.
PFF
System Bot
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
all this came from fieroflyer when he build my harness.
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

R is nothing . I sent u a pm. Iv got pics of my 84 as i was goin along.

i sent you a PM

longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

longjonsilver

1064 posts
Member since Nov 2001

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

When I build an 84 harness I use a power relay and extra fuses in the engine bay. This keeps the harness plug and play.

PM sent

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 3800SC, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock