E Brake Cable Supplier by Larryinkc
Started on: 07-02-2015 07:43 AM
Replies: 6 (208 views)
Last post by: Matthew_Fiero on 07-03-2015 10:56 AM
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a problem with my E brake dragging after a 3800 swap, new Raybestos cables were installed when swap was done.

The problem turned out to be the cables, the inner cable was too tight in the housing and the springs couldn't return the E brake levers to the stops.

When I started looking for better cables I found some made by Bruin, and they are made in the USA. They have an Ebay store and Amazon also.

I got them yesterday and they are excellent and the inner cable has no drag at all, should fix my dragging E brake problem.

http://www.bruinbrakecables.com/

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulClick Here to Email Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got Fiero Store cables on my car. Brand new, Installed them last year. They are already seized up and don't work...
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Click Here to Email Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big Paul:

I got Fiero Store cables on my car. Brand new, Installed them last year. They are already seized up and don't work...

That's funny. My driver side was the same length of the passenger side! 2-3ft short! Didn't even have time to seize!

------------------

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the Bruin cables as well for my 86.
They seem to be extremely good quality.

But I bought my Formula before I got the 86 running.

So that leads to my question:
Are the parking brake cables the same through all the years, or do I have a set of useless cables?
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

That's funny. My driver side was the same length of the passenger side! 2-3ft short! Didn't even have time to seize!

Same issue..

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steel

1164 posts
Member since Apr 2011
Larry thanks for the info I'm going to order two sets today.
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroClick Here to Email Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Larry, +1 to you!

I just purchased Raybestos ones (88 Vette left and right for my C4 swap) lets see how long they last. If not I will opt to choose these ones.

Am I missing something or is there no reference to what cars their cables fit?

Matthew

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock