Speedometer & MPG by NMW
Started on: 07-01-2015 10:44 PM
Replies: 8 (137 views)
Last post by: f85gtron on 07-02-2015 09:44 PM
NMW

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NMWClick Here to Email NMWSend a Private Message to NMWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 GT Issues

1) The odometer works - The tac works - the speedometer sits at 120 mph (past that). What's the wiring issue? The VSS must be ok since the odometer works. This car (my sons) is driving me nuts!

2) It's running rich - the MPG is about 10 mpg - I'd like to blow it up! I've bought an O2 sensor and an engine coolant temp sensor.

Can anyone help me?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two separate issues
1) take the Speedo apart and clean the connections
2) check the ecm coolant sensor and mat (iac) sensor for ohms. Cold, they should ohm out almost the same.
NMW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NMWClick Here to Email NMWSend a Private Message to NMWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The speedo worked fine 5 days ago. What didn't work was the trunk opener so my neighbor did a little work to get the trunk to open and for the trunk light to go on.

I'm just sure (not really lol) this is a ground issue.

The MPG has to be an O2 sensor/coolant sensor/injectors/ etc. etc. (add to the list please).

I'm so frustrated - this is a cool car in great shape but it's driving me crazy. My son loves it but I need to fix this or I'll have to sell it
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum.
This may sound harsh, but you asked what it could be and then argue with the GOOD advice given to you.

Take the advice, check it out, report back.
We are here to help you.
NMW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NMWClick Here to Email NMWSend a Private Message to NMWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't arguing......I'm just trying to make sense of things. Sorry if I seemed to be arguing
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, hadn't had coffee yet.
So, what did you find?
And a question....
Did the speedo start acting wonky immediately after your neighbor got the trunk release working?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 179
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NMW:

I've bought an O2 sensor and an engine coolant temp sensor.

Have they been put in?
NMW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NMWClick Here to Email NMWSend a Private Message to NMWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Th 02 sensor and CTS will go in tomorrow so hopefully that will address the running rich problem.

After that comes the speedo
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let us know what you find. Your findings could help the next guy. Good luck!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock