3800 NA Vs 3800 SC by Darth Z
Started on: 06-29-2015 01:34 AM
Replies: 2 (638 views)
Last post by: Darth Z on 06-29-2015 07:52 PM
Darth Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so ultimately, I want to put a 3800 SC into my car, but I'm thinking that may be a little harder to find and more expensive. I have a 4 cyl in the car now, not running, and I don't know how much it would cost to get it running at this point. I'm thinking a 3800 NA would be cheaper than a total rebuild kit for the 4 cyl. If I want to put a 3800 NA in the car for now, I have to make all the same provisions to the subframe anyway, right? Should I just bolt it up to the stock tranny and skip the tranny swap for now? How much of a hassle would the wiring harness be to convert? I'm sure the harness for the 3800 SC will require more wires than the NA, right? Would it be worth my time to do this? The car is in storage for now, so if it has to sit for a while until I find a 3800 SC, it won't kill me, but I would like to be able to get this thing drivable. If it is worth the time to swap in th 3800 NA, will an engine from a Camaro/Firebird work, or is the intake different?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is one additional connector on the 3800 SC. That would be the boost bypass valve. Some people even delete it because they don't want to use it. So your harness can be built/you can build it for the SC 3800 and just leave the extra connector not connected on your 3800 NA.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 06-29-2015).]

Darth Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. That helps me somewhat. I think I will probably end up buying a harness from a member to save me the trouble, and because I know that I wouldn't be anywhere near as thorough as some of these guys can be. With the NA PCM, it won't affect anything, since that plug is not programmed into the computer anyway, right?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock