LED Issues by bishop144
Started on: 06-27-2015 01:44 PM
Replies: 10 (195 views)
Last post by: Yannsky on 06-28-2015 10:58 AM
bishop144

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bishop144Send a Private Message to bishop144Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im converting my 87 GT to all LED lights. Everything was going fine till I put in the last 4 lights, the rear turn signals. Now the signals wont blink, even the four way flasher doesnt work. But when I put a standard 1156 in one socket that side started blinking. (Yes I already have an LED compatible blinker from blacktopupgrades.com) Do I need some form of resistor at the rear signals? Or is it something else?

------------------
Charles Bishop
'87 GT Fastback
'85 SE Notchback

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes you may need a resistor to go between the two turn signal harness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6rGSM8JbVo

dan
bishop144

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bishop144Send a Private Message to bishop144Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What resistor should I use? The video doesnt say what they are, and Id rather not buy the whole kit for two resistors.
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or get an LED flasher unit, I got mine from Speedway Motors.
bishop144

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bishop144Send a Private Message to bishop144Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car already has an LED flasher. It needs a resistor, but I don't know which one to use.
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's strange, I have LED's and they all work fine without a resistor.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you can buy the resistors at autozone in their lighting section.

dan
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bonaduce

1517 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by tebailey:

That's strange, I have LED's and they all work fine without a resistor.

Some of the led's do work fine, I bought the reisitor then found out my led's worked without it. I used Pilot brand
ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the electronic flasher and my LEDs work without a resistor also.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do not need the resistors. What is the part number on your flasher? I used a United Pacific part number 90650 and they work with out adding the resistors. This may help:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jgunsett/LED.html

Jack
Yannsky

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YannskySend a Private Message to YannskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi

You can use a bridge rectifier you need one per marker, 5 for 1.29$ on ebay. It must be placed between the t-10 connection (power) and welded to the led strip

http://m.ebay.com/itm/201128264434?nav=SEARCH
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock