Brake booster or master cylinder by Wittendorf1986
Started on: 06-26-2015 01:41 AM
Replies: 2 (463 views)
Last post by: theogre on 06-26-2015 10:56 AM
Wittendorf1986

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wittendorf1986Send a Private Message to Wittendorf1986Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to know more bout the brakes on a fiero, now I have replaced everything you can about replace on the the brake system bled several times but I am having trouble with my brakes and my idle. While my car is running I hit the brakes while in park everything is fine but I put it in reverse I do hear a whooshing sound but here is the thing my pedal goes to the floor. But I will pump it a few times I will gain some pressure but I wait a few seconds it is gone again low pedal. I put car in drive or reverse hit the brakes it acts if it is going to die. I don't understand wouldn't it have a high pedal and hard to press if booster is bad? I replaced it last year along with my master cylinder
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There still is air in the brake system. The idle is a separate issue.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 06-26-2015).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Booster will not cause hydraulic problems, your pedal to floor. Air you hear is likely normal as booster is just trying to do it's job on a low/no pedal problem.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock