Started on: 06-24-2015 08:09 AM
Replies: 9 (513 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 06-28-2015 01:17 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone used one of these with their 3800 swap?

http://www.dakotadigital.co...duct_id=48/prd48.htm

My car originally had cruise control but all of the associated parts are missing except for the stalk controller.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike why don't you just use an AR controller. I'm running it on my 3.4 swap and it works great. Cheap to get at JY too, I think I paid about $15 for mine. http://www.gmtuners.com/files/index.htm 2nd on the list
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A shop cut the trunk out of my car when the PO had it and I don`t think it has any of the original wiring.
I would almost rather have a stand alone unit that doesn`t rely on any of the Fiero components.
I would probably just use the switch plate instead of the stalk and incorporate it into one of my cupholders.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

A shop cut the trunk out of my car when the PO had it and I don`t think it has any of the original wiring.
I would almost rather have a stand alone unit that doesn`t rely on any of the Fiero components.
I would probably just use the switch plate instead of the stalk and incorporate it into one of my cupholders.

I currently use a stand alone cruise control on my 3800 SC Series III engine. The speed set unit (rectangular unit) appears to be identical with mine and the rest of the unit is quite similar. This has been in use for about four years without any issues. If you are interested I will confirm the manufacturer but believe with a 99 % certainty that it was listed as Rostra.

Nelson
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nelson, by all means if you have a tried and true product I will look into what you are using.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harmess was built to accommodate CC although it was never connected to cruise module.
There should be "extra" wiring near the strut tower ready to go.
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would one have to do to retrofit a CC?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Terrance is it a flat connector with 5 wires running to it
I can't post a pic because of my phone
It has a blue, brown, black, blue with black stripe and a green with black stripe
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

What would one have to do to retrofit a CC?

You would need to run power to, connect and wire up the servo unit, the stalk and the CC module that is near the gas pedal under the rug. The stalk and wires to it are easy to replace. The stalk just pops out. The stalk connector and wire can be removed and easily replaced if you attach a string to the connector. You pull the stalk out , the wire up through the column and the string is attached You use the string to snake the wires down through the column on the new CC stalk BUT I do not see any unused OEM wiring there that connects the stalk to the module.
The GM electronic CC unit is probably easier to hook up from scratch but I guess there are several ways to add cruise. Ryan at Sinister has the connections all mapped out on his website.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Thanks Nelson, by all means if you have a tried and true product I will look into what you are using.

This is installed in one of my 88 Meras (red t-top) and I can send you a few pictures if it would help. This cruise control is available with either a stalk connector or the rectangular one. I elected to use the rectangular one and hid it in the F355 interior ash tray.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 06-28-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock