Offset question by Adjustso3
Started on: 06-23-2015 09:22 PM
Replies: 14 (357 views)
Last post by: Adjustso3 on 07-02-2015 11:49 PM
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I'm a little confused on the offset for rim sizes. I did do a search and did a lot of reading but it really didn't answer my question. I found a used set of nice rims for my 87GT. They are 18" x 8" with a 35 offset. The guy is gonna double check tomorrow on the offset. The tires are shot and need to be replaced but the rims look like their in excellent condition and that's what the guy said also. They are Sport Tuning brand. Will I have any problems with rubbing and what tire size would you recommend ? I would like to run the same size tire on all 4 so I could rotate them. What do you guys think ? Thanks for your time.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys, I've read a lot more about the correct offset but am still unsure what size to look for. One thread says to use 35mm offset and everything will work fine for the front and the back. Another thread says the 35mm offset will stick out past the front fenders and not in the back. Another thread says to use 45mm offset . The rims I can purchase are 18" x 8" with an unconfirmed 35mm offset. The guy said he's gonna double check today after work. I definitely don't want the tires sticking out past the fenders in the front. What is the correct size to use for the 18" x 8" to fit correctly and be even ? My Fiero is an 87 GT. Can anybody clear this up for me ? Thanks
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
according to Joe Torma's diagram, 40 or 42 offset is the best, and 45 will work. It looks like 35 will be right up against the fender.

Wheel Offset Diagram

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 06-24-2015).]

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll have to check that diagram out. I must of missed it. That sucks because the rims are almost what I wanted at about 75% off !
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anybody actually running 18" x 8" rims with an offset of 35mm and have a pic ? I'd love to see what 35mm and other offsets look like. Thanks
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. I'm still a little confused. 87 GT. Can somebody post a pic of their 18" x 8" wheels on their car with a 35 mm offset if this is what their using. If not the 35 mm offset, what size 18" wheel works best with stock suspension ? I do like the look of the taller and wider tires in the back. Many thanks in advance.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont know the mm, but my Ferrari kits rear wheels had a 4" offset to fit perfect in the body. I drove it 100,000 miles with no bearing or seal issues at all. The fronts had 2" offset. I had the 8x16" wheels custom made for it.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using 18x8 25 mm rears, and I'm flush with the lips, so you'll be half inch back from the lip with the rim. Not a bad look. Fronts I'm using 35mm I do believe and I'm again uber flush, and it would rub like a bugger if you have soft springs at least I would think. Over bumps.

------------------

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I'm not sure if I should go with 18 x 8 or 17 x 7.5. It just looks to me that the offset will be different in the front and the back if I use an 8" rim.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine are 18 x 8 and I think the offset is 35mm.
This is Nosracs old car and he would know for sure as he bought them.
The last import wheels I bought from Ebay though were 35mm so that`s why I think so.

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks TXGOOD, from what I've read it sounded like the fronts would stick out way more than the fronts. What are the tire sizes in those pics ? Has the car been lowered ? That's one sweet ride ! I love the scoops in the quarters and the ground effects below the doors. That's exactly what I want and don't think I've seen that style before.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fronts are 225/45-18 and the rears are 245/45/18
The car has been lowered about 1" - 1-1/2"
It has springs on the front and coilovers in the rear.
The scoops aren`t available anymore. They were sold by Ausfiero years ago.
Fiero Fiberglass makes some similar.
The rockers are stock with Fiero Fiberglass flares added.
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly how I want mine to look. I'm gonna have to look into that Fiero Fiberglass site. That's an awesome look !
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the Fiero Foberglass sight that shows the rocker flares, the picture of the Red car is my old one.
These rockers I have on this car are actually off of that car.
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's an awesome look ! Is that the Camaro spoiler on it ?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock