Where, or how, do I plug my antenna in? by kevin
Started on: 06-14-2015 08:24 PM
Replies: 5 (198 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 06-14-2015 09:40 PM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
Call me ignorant or a dimwit. That's OK, I still love Fiero's💛 I put my center cluster and radio surround back together after a 7 year wait. I know my radio antenna is supposed to plug into the fender mounted outside antenna (passenger side). I removed (dropped, layed aside) my subwoofer assembly. I thought I would see a plug where the fender mounted radio assembly plugs into the back of the center mounted radio? It isn't anywhere.? What or where in the world am I missing? Please help me.😡
Cordially,
kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 06-14-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It probably feel down under something, rug, another part you took out, it should be right there behind the radio, unless you moved it when you took the radio out?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for responding. The plug-in is attached (already inserted) into the radio. If you follow that antenna out toward the passenger side outside fender mounted antenna, I CANNOT locate where the inside radio (antenna) plugs into outside antenna?????
Cordially,
kevin
Ps. There wouldn't happen to be a picture someplace would there?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the cable is removable from the antenna itself, it just fastens to the bottom of the antenna base. You prob have to remove the fender, at least at the top to be able to reach in. I cant remember if you can access it by removing just the inner fender liner or not. Most antennas have the cable manufactured onto the antenna though. If it was cut off to remove the cable, you will have to buy a new one.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Thanks for responding. The plug-in is attached (already inserted) into the radio. If you follow that antenna out toward the passenger side outside fender mounted antenna, I CANNOT locate where the inside radio (antenna) plugs into outside antenna?????
Cordially,
kevin
Ps. There wouldn't happen to be a picture someplace would there?

Oh I am sure there is, a picture here someplace but the wire goes threw the door jamb just above the sub box if you have that if not right under the passenger side kick pad, actually these have no kick panel, just remove the door trim garnish on the inside of the car, the first few screws should get it lose enough, you will have to remove that to even find it.
Then pull the rug down from the top and it will be right there.
Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-14-2015).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

I CANNOT locate where the inside radio (antenna) plugs into outside antenna?????

As has been stated, the antenna cable from the radio plugs directly into the antenna base under the passenger side front fender. If you didn't detach it seven years ago, it's still connected.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-15-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock