The 3800 sc swap begins by ChrisMac97
Started on: 06-12-2015 11:14 AM
Replies: 7 (358 views)
Last post by: ChrisMac97 on 06-14-2015 04:58 PM
ChrisMac97

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChrisMac97Send a Private Message to ChrisMac97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I picked up an auto 03 Grand Prix GTP, fully operational. Over the winter I also picked up a POS 85 GT with a 4 speed, not running. The plan is to mate the 3800 sc to the 4 speed muncie, then drop the set up in my 85 SE auto. 3 cars into one beauty. Will update with pictures as the journey progresses..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have fun with it ! I would research your decision to use the 4 speed though. The Fiero transmission gearing is just wrong on an 3800. And when I was running a manual i couldnt get rid of the voice in my head telling me to be gentle so you dont break that old weak trans. In the long run even though it doesnt seem like it will be as fun to drive, youre far better off with the 4t65e-HD from the GTP.
ChrisMac97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChrisMac97Send a Private Message to ChrisMac97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I do know it isn't the best pairing, however I'm planning on driving it without much modification just to test the 3800 waters so to speak. If it ends up breaking the tranny I'll replace it but until then I'll run it as I make it. As for the gearing, it's mostly daily city driving so I hope it won't be too terrible.. Thanks for the heads up though!
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well good luck! Just hate to see people spend all that money on a flywheel and clutch to make a trans work that they end up not liking.

Any questions can be answered here, you can PM me anytime.
Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's got a point, the RPMs are too high for the highway.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bah!!!!!! I had a 4 speed behind an L67 for years and loved it!

DF
ChrisMac97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChrisMac97Send a Private Message to ChrisMac97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright first update:

Cradle out of the 85 GT is out, as well as the shifter + cables and the clutch petal. first question as well: for doing the auto to manual swap, will i need to salvage the shifter mounting bracket? I'll try to post a pic of it soon.
ChrisMac97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChrisMac97Send a Private Message to ChrisMac97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ChrisMac97

24 posts
Member since Aug 2014

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock