Side vents by QCMANAGER
Started on: 06-09-2015 06:36 PM
Replies: 6 (477 views)
Last post by: QCMANAGER on 06-10-2015 08:12 PM
QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so I am fed up with trying to remove the a-pillar trim so that I can access the rear screw on the air vents at the ends of the dash. I just know I am going to break something if I keep pulling on it.

Is there an easier way to lower the dash enough so that I can access these damn screws? A detailed method would be appreciated.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know about the screws in the speaker wells. I know about the panel under the steering wheel. I already have the cover off the instruments but not the clear plastic one. Does that have to come off as well? I also have the HVAC knobs and cover off but not the electronic board underneath. Does that have to come off as well? It is an 85 GT and there are no auxilliary gauges. Why do I have to take the shifter surround panel (4 screws inside ashtrays) off? Just want to know everything before I start.
Thanks for the response.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to remove the HVAC knobs to get to the screws that hold the cover on. Sounds like I have all I need to know. This weekend I will try to replace those broken vents.
Thanks for all the help.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-10-2015 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
drill like bit to fit the screw( forget if it's a philups or torks and a gearwrench to fit the hex of the bit, most times 1/4 inch..
and you now have a 90* screwdriver, trim bit length if needed..
QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about the "HVAC knobs are off" comment. I am also refurbishing the dashboard on my MR2 Spyder and that is the one I was thinking about. Having more than one car is too confusing.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock