She runs and took it for first ride ..since 3800sc swap by Scott2scott
Started on: 06-09-2015 06:16 PM
Replies: 12 (365 views)
Last post by: Jfrost on 06-12-2015 09:43 AM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok folks today i cleaned up some more little stuff and the family like come on lets try. So after checking everything over . I sAid what the hay. Lets do it. Car fired up let it idle for abit. Put it gear and were off down driveway and down the road it first everything was good. But i had trouble finding reverse got a grinding sound while trying . So i didnt forse it .since i did switch my 84 4 speed muncie to an 86 v6 4 speed muncie im thinking i just needs more ajusting at the cable ends. Everything was good till i seen some smoke stop shut car off open decklid añd coolant was everything on belt side of engine. I was oh no what happend then i seen it was a simple problem . The pasenger coolant hose was rubbing on the a/c delete pully and put a hole in it . So ill make a new hose tomorrow and adjust revese cable select . Oh yea ecu still has codes for system i dont have on car still . Po243 supercharger wastegate, po403 exhuast cir. Po405 exhuast senor low, p1546 a/c clutch rely. Im guessing the po403 and po405 are egr. Even though i have no egr systems .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The grinding is from the clutch not fully releasing. Try a quick double pump on the clutch pedal and see if the trouble goes away. If so there is air in your clutch line.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats probly it. I can get in reverse when the car isnt started up. Im having no problem putting into first gear though. It seem just reverse only when car started. . Plus the clutch pedal is alot stiffer now with spec stage 3+ was put in vs. stock clutch . Is that normal?
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever get the codes PO 135 and PO 141 square away? If so what was the problem? Also a PO 315 code also these code applies to the 02 sensor. I know Im not the only with these codes

[This message has been edited by IIKool (edited 06-10-2015).]

Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats !!!!! Great to hear it's running. I'm so jealous. Lucky dog, how about you come over and do mine now ! LOL
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott, so glad to hear ! Mine is in and running too. I still have to do the brakes, air intake, and some suspension before I can roll though.
Thank you again Scott for your relentless help with my swap. We may be miles away from each other but it was like you were right by my side.
YOU DA MAN !!!

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress--IT RUNS !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

Ok folks today i cleaned up some more little stuff and the family like come on lets try. So after checking everything over . I sAid what the hay. Lets do it. Car fired up let it idle for abit. Put it gear and were off down driveway and down the road it first everything was good. But i had trouble finding reverse got a grinding sound while trying . So i didnt forse it .since i did switch my 84 4 speed muncie to an 86 v6 4 speed muncie im thinking i just needs more ajusting at the cable ends. Everything was good till i seen some smoke stop shut car off open decklid añd coolant was everything on belt side of engine. I was oh no what happend then i seen it was a simple problem . The pasenger coolant hose was rubbing on the a/c delete pully and put a hole in it . So ill make a new hose tomorrow and adjust revese cable select . Oh yea ecu still has codes for system i dont have on car still . Po243 supercharger wastegate, po403 exhuast cir. Po405 exhuast senor low, p1546 a/c clutch rely. Im guessing the po403 and po405 are egr. Even though i have no egr systems .

I've done this twice... will you post a picture of how you reroute the hose away from the belt? I'm failing miserably

-Mitch
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mitch im working on that right now today. Plus i cut the sunroof panle off near top of A pillars and going to glass them back together im tired of this leaking surroof from hell. Lol But when i was prying up the roof i pushed on windshleid glass and "pop" there gos a crack now down window. Oh well in florida we get one free windshield a year with insurance. Lol
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you come up with anything good?

-Mitch
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not yet.. i had a family issue. my mother fell and black out and was on the ground for abit bfore sh was abl to call anyone. then i rushed to her and she broke her arm in the fall .. its been a long night.. plus our weather here is bad with heavy rain. i just got home now.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, sorry to hear about the hard luck. I hope your mom is doing okay. Keep us posted.

-Mitch
PFF
System Bot
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. But things will be on hold with fiero for abit. My mom still has a broke arm due to having no insurance er just put in a sling and said bye. Its crazy its a clear break and no one will help becuase of no insurance. She was told 6 months ago she had cancer and 6- 12 months to live . And she still has to get up and go to work every day as sick as she is otherwise she couldnt pay her bills . Now having this broken arm she cant work of top of cancer and no one will help with cancer becuase of no insurance. Its crazy and sad. Its been stressful . So iv been tryin to do my work and my family and do her work last two days. Not sleeping and trying to figured out whats going to happen .
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

Thats probly it. I can get in reverse when the car isnt started up. Im having no problem putting into first gear though. It seem just reverse only when car started. . Plus the clutch pedal is alot stiffer now with spec stage 3+ was put in vs. stock clutch . Is that normal?

I had the same issues with my 3800 4spd swap. After adjusting the cables it works normally. I still get a little resistance when coming out of reverse and into 1st, but juggling the shifter up/down between 1st and 2nd clears it right up. Glad to hear you were able to drive it.

Sorry to hear about your mom, best of luck to you and your family in this difficult time.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock