billet aluminum wheel adapters by Kfa171
Started on: 06-09-2015 12:30 PM
Replies: 42 (990 views)
Last post by: Ponnari on 06-19-2015 06:39 PM
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
This came up recently and SCCA rules I looked up didnt say adapters were legal, but spacers were.

SCCA rules don't work that way. It's legal unless it's forbidden. Adapters are not prohibited, thus they are legal.

IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must be reading it wrong...this is copied from 2015 rule book :

I read this as it saying SPACERS are allowed, and must be .25 (1/4") thick maximum...

" (paragraph)13.4 Wheels

Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following: it is the same width and diameter as standard, and as installed (including wheel spacers if applicable) it does not have an offset more than +/- 0.25 inch from a standard wheel for the car. The resultant change in track dimensions is allowed. Vehicles originally equipped only with 12 inch diameter wheels, may use 13 inch diameter wheels of the same width as standard and offset within +/- 0.25 inch of standard.
Wheel spacers are permitted, provided the resultant combination complies with the offset requirements of this section. Wheel studs lug nuts, and/or bolt length may be changed. "

What did I miss ???? The specifically SAYS spacers, and no mention in the paragraph on adapters. If your trying to say if its not mentioned its legal, are you allowed to add a booster jet turbine engine on the trunk for straightaway speed.... nothing in the rules on jet engines.
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my 2c from actual local experience, although is't been 15 years since I raced SCCA

Spacers were allowed, adapters were not. I have no idea what the current reg's state.

I agree with Rogers post on another thread, and I personally, never have, or will use adapters

Posted by rogergarrison
Same question going in another thread. My advice...save to buy wheels that fit your car.

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 06-19-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors