Single hose from EGR servo: eliminate? by imacflier
Started on: 06-08-2015 06:53 AM
Replies: 1 (64 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 06-08-2015 08:39 AM
imacflier

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierClick Here to Email imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'88 GT, Manual: There is a 7/32" rubber line that leads from the single connection fitting on the EGR servo to the metal line that goes across the cabin firewall. I believe that the OTHER end of the metal line terminates in the air cleaner (part of one of the recalls, IIRC). That makes that line nothing more than an air intake line. Can I remove the hose? The EGR servo would then be taking in unfiltered engine compartment air. Mine hose is pretty well rotted and it takes longer and thinner arms than mine to slide a new hose onto the metal line!

I am setting no codes and the idle is fine, so I know of no reason to keep that rubber hose

Whatcha think?

TIA,
Larry
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are correct. GM wanted to provide filtered air to the solenoid as a precaution. I suppose if you live on a gravel road or a high dust area you could mess up the solenoid.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock