Intercooler question with pics by Dave E Bouy
Started on: 06-05-2015 05:19 PM
Replies: 3 (209 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 06-07-2015 02:02 PM
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been given a Short Stack intercooler to install on a swap I'm doing. Unfortunately it is in 3 pieces so there is some assembly required. I've posted a question about this before and apparently the 2 case halves are sealed around the actual heat exchanger thing with a bead of silicone. My question is regarding the 3 small holes that are indicated with pencils in the pic below. Are there supposed to be O-Rings in the recessed areas surrounding the holes or do I just use silicone here too. Thanks for your help

DF

edited to add pic.....doh

[This message has been edited by Dave E Bouy (edited 06-05-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that most of us with the SSIC do not take them apart but it would seem logical that those recessed holes should have O rings in them as seals. IIRC those holes are for the water passage, EGR valve and one other??? It's a ZZ Performance unit. Send ZZ tech sales a message or call them. They will know and can tell you the O rings size. Also realize that the SSIC installation requires using longer supercharger holding bolts and injector spacers. ZZ can supply these as well. ..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dennis. I was hoping you'd chime in. I actually called zzp 2 or 3 days ago and left a message but no one has called me back yet. So it's still an open question. If anyone has a definitive answer I'd love to hear it.
DF
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

Thanks Dennis. I was hoping you'd chime in. I actually called zzp 2 or 3 days ago and left a message but no one has called me back yet. So it's still an open question. If anyone has a definitive answer I'd love to hear it.
DF

Hopefully we answered all of the questions with the recent PM. They came from the instruction sheet that I received with my SSIC. All of the key points were covered. The key to getting that IC assembled is to insure that you've got the fit right before the Permatex is applied, the core is installed and the plates put together. Many customers rushed the assembly job and had leaks so later units came pre-assembled. I can tell you this first hand- the SSIC made a HUGE difference. With 3.4" pulley on a Gen II supercharger you can add a few simple mods and get by most of the time. On a series V supercharger (the one I have) with a 3.4" pulley no amount of tuning or mods eliminated the KR's. The SSIC did.
ZZ is sometimes poor in answering emails during the busy summer season.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock