Blinking AJAR light by QCMANAGER
Started on: 06-03-2015 06:45 AM
Replies: 3 (161 views)
Last post by: f85gtron on 06-04-2015 06:26 AM
QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My AJAR light is blinking, sometimes it stays on totally, sometimes it goes out. Driving me crazy....all doors, trunk and hood are closed.

Is there an easy fix for this besides removing the bulb?

The SHIFT light also comes on when the tach is on about 1500 - that bulb I am definitely removing.

My auto trunk release button on the dash is also suddenly not working. Any clues?

Thanks for your help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The door ajar light comes on when the circuit finds a ground, i.e., the switches for the doors hood and trunk provide a path to ground when the pressure comes off of the switch. One of your switches (maybe the hood) may be out of adjustment or worn. A bare spot rubbing metal (door) would do the same thing.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to put two of your problems together because they may be related. Trunk release and ajar light. Early models had a push button in the left corner of the engine bay. It's mounted on the trunk wall. If, and it's common, the deck lid warps, it doesn't depress that little button for the trunk light.

If the trunk lid is warped or isn't securely held down, the trunk release won't work because the solenoid grounds through the loop mounted on the trunk wall.

To test the ajar light, turn on the ignition and then lift and press down on the left corner of the trunk lid while watching the ajar light through the rear window. To test the solenoid, put some weight on the rear center of the deck lid then press the release button to see if you hear it click.
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just had this same issue. Mine turned out to be the pin switch on the rear hatch. For a temporary fix and to trouble shoot, I simply unplugged it. Then replaced it when the new one came in.
The old one was worn internally and making connections for the ajar light. It would blink and would also illuminate even with the car off.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock