clutch by cvxjet
Started on: 06-02-2015 01:06 PM
Replies: 2 (87 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 06-02-2015 04:43 PM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I disassembled the car and found that the throwout bearing is toast- No rollers left! I know I was losing some fluid out of the Hydraulic system- could it run down and wash the grease out of the throwout bearing? It doesn't look like it would reach there, but I was just trying to understand what could have happened.

This was the Ram HD clutch from the Fiero Store, and I have to admit that the TB looked kind of cheap when I installed it 2 years ago.....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's unlikely if not impossible for the fluid to reach the throwout bearing. Depending upon it's age, if you sit with the clutch in at stop lights, you can cause premature failure of the bearing. Otherwise, you may have just gotten an inferior bearing.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I know I was losing some fluid out of the Hydraulic system- could it run down and wash the grease out of the throwout bearing?

There's just as much chance that your neighbor's cat was peeing on your throwout bearing every night.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock