3800 running rich by Tuna Helper
Started on: 05-31-2015 05:23 PM
Replies: 3 (230 views)
Last post by: Tuna Helper on 06-01-2015 11:17 AM
Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXAZP9_UNA

I was videoing my shift cables to see why I wasn't getting second and reverse. I find out that my engine moves a lot more than I thought it did, and that while running rough as hell it smokes a lot. I didn't have any issues with the engine until I changed the clutch. The only thing different is the exhaust is off of the manifold, because I broke a stud.

I've checked my grounds, four from the PCM, one from c203, and one from the fuel pump relay are all grounded together to the body.

I don't think its the ICM, the tach reads smoothly all the time.

I unplugged the injectors one at a time and it didn't make much difference.

The SC coupler is worn, but not broken.

I'll check the fuel pressure next, I wonder if the regulator is stuck closed?

Any other things to check?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Video while driving. Yeah my tach is way off. a couple times I let off the gas and then get back on it.
https://www.facebook.com/ro...eos/892759320766284/

Fuel pressure at idle is ~42 psi.

[This message has been edited by Tuna Helper (edited 05-31-2015).]

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are using stock manifolds and don't have any downpipe connected to the rear manifold, then this could be part of the reason or the whole reason why it is running rich.

The o2 sensor is placed so close to the exhaust downpipe flange in the rear manifold that it will see fresh outside air with the engine running and no downpipe attached. Fresh air is going to make the o2 sensor tell the PCM the engine is running lean (even though it may not be) which is going to cause the PCM to force the fuel trims rich, which will make the engine run overly rich.

I don't know how long you've run it like this but it sounds like you either have a big nasty cam in your engine or you have already fouled out spark plugs. The first thing I would recommend you check is your oil to see if it smells like gas. If it does, change it immediately. Next thing to do is to pull all 6 spark plugs and see if they are fouled. If they are, replace them. After you do both of these things, get your exhaust fixed/reinstalled before you run the engine again.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking for the camaro/firebird manifolds, but haven't found any locally.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock