How much DIP by ninjayogi
Started on: 05-30-2015 11:15 AM
Replies: 6 (196 views)
Last post by: seajai on 05-31-2015 09:55 AM
ninjayogi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjayogiClick Here to Email ninjayogiSend a Private Message to ninjayogiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking of dipping my Fiero, how many gallons does it take to complete the job? TIA
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ninjayogi:

I am thinking of dipping my Fiero, how many gallons does it take to complete the job? TIA

Depends on color... but plan on 2
With the amount of work needed,, in prep. why not just paint it.. single stage matte paint is not that much more..
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DYC sells their "basic" kit with 3 gallons. I've never done an entire car but I think that's what I'd go with. The gallons aren't that expensive.

Mr. Furgal --- Part of the beauty of PlastiDip is that it needs very little (if any) prep. Clean the surface, make sure any loose paint is gone and spray. Also, it's very forgiving. With paint, it's easy to get runs, splotches, etc (I'm not a painter so I don't know all the terms for "jacked up paint" ). With PD, you almost can't go wrong. If you have a problem (a seam is showing or you get a run), just spray another coat or 2 and it generally disappears.

I would never consider painting my own car. I've never done it and I just don't have that kind of talent. I WOULD PD my own car (and plan to eventually).
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueClick Here to Email Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black Top Racing's orange PD' car looked pretty cool IMO.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

Black Top Racing's orange PD' car looked pretty cool IMO.

It sure did. I wonder why they parted it out. Maybe it was full of rust or somethin'.

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 550
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Judge Doom says a barrel will do.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed DYC last week and they said 2 gallons of base and 2 gallons of the new pearl topcoat will do a Fiero in metallic pearl. There is a form on their website where you can fill out what color you want and your car info and they will tell you how much of the different components you'll need.
http://quote.dipyourcar.com...es/requestquote.aspx

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock