Rocker arms for buick 3.8 by DevastatioN
Started on: 05-30-2015 07:19 AM
Replies: 6 (503 views)
Last post by: fieroall on 06-01-2015 04:31 PM
DevastatioN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DevastatioNSend a Private Message to DevastatioNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I write from Spain , here no more than 50 fieros and none is modified , I am a great lover of Pontiac Fiero and exclusive .
i 'm looking for a rocker arms for my buick 3.8 engine , I found these :

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/scc-scp1074bl

but not if they are compatible or if I need other parts.

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!

Can you tell us more specifics about the year / series of the 3.8? Those appear to be for the Chevy 4.3.

BR's,

Mark

------------------
86 SE V6 4 speed
86 SE V6 Auto
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous
2001 Olds Silhouette (AKA The Band Van)

DevastatioN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevastatioNSend a Private Message to DevastatioNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi MarkS.

Here it is very difficult to get a L67 , it really is impossible. With much difficulty you can find a L27 . I have a L27 Vin1 of 92 pontiac trans sport, the same as other buick , olds .. in the same period. My Fiero is a 86 notch 4-speed . Years ago I had an automatic fasttback . My new fiero is imported from California , USA , and as I have to take to make Spanish tuition "cheating " and change the engine as if it came from the factory, because it is almost impossible to drive here with a different factory engine. I am transforming the L27 to supercharged, but I like all American things, and I want to swap my Fiero as common as is the 3800sc, here , will be the only supercharged Fiero , everyone else riding the 2.8, and in Spain, there are only about 50 Fieros, all standard.A friend traveling to New York a few days in June , and will bring my m62 supercharger.

I need:
- Lower intake manifold (from 91,92 vin1 buick W/supercharger opt)
- M62 throttle body.
- Engine wiring (for adapt) and ECM.

Other modifications are mounted best rocker arms self-adjusting ratio of 1.6 and forged connecting rods, forged pistons, NOS dry system.

Some photographs:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Thanks all.

[This message has been edited by DevastatioN (edited 05-30-2015).]

1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if the series 1 is like the series 2 then the injectors on the S/C version go directly into the heads. So when you change your lower intake there will be no location to to mount the injectors. I could be wrong all of my experience is with the series 2 version.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
HX-40, FrozenBoost I/C, 80lb injectors & E85 Coming soon.....

DevastatioN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevastatioNSend a Private Message to DevastatioNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

if the series 1 is like the series 2 then the injectors on the S/C version go directly into the heads. So when you change your lower intake there will be no location to to mount the injectors. I could be wrong all of my experience is with the series 2 version.

Yes i know, but the buick SC series 1 have the injectors on lower intake manifold, i search this lower intake manifold. Its more easy for me import the LIM, but import new heads form USA is more expensive.

Thanks you. About the rocker arma, any ideas?
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of aftermarket support for the 3800 / Series 1 3800. It's kind of caught in middle between the old Grand National 3.8 & the Series 2. I read an article years ago about someone modifying an original 3800 but don't remember where exactly. In 94 the output went from 205hp to 225hp on the supercharged engine, I would shoot for that tune. Delta Cams has regrind profiles, that maybe a place to start?

BR's,

Mark
fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I build my 3.8 FWD back in the day (from an 88 Bonneville) I couldn't find any taller rockers but I was able to find lots of cam choices. I ended up using the Edelbrock 5487 Cam (204°/ 214°) since it was well suited for street use and it was cheap. Your best bet is to research the Grand National sites and see what they use as your engine is same as theirs just FWD Bolt Pattern. As a matter of fact you can bolt the whole Turbo set-up from a Grand National on the 3.8 FWD engine but that's also hard to find nowadays.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock