Iron Duke coolant leak at fitting - need help identifying this part by CavScout
Started on: 05-28-2015 07:35 PM
Replies: 3 (211 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 05-29-2015 09:55 AM
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Began having a coolant leak (go figure, within weeks of getting a transmission cooling line fixed LOL)

Hopefully I'll get the pic attached properly - see the fitting into the block indicated with the red arrow? The plastic seal seems degraded and it's dripping regularly onto the top of the transmission. Not enough (or it doesn't get hot enough) to drive around causing a smoke screen, but I can smell it after I stop, and I'm having to insure my coolant tank is topped off. (Yeah, it began to over heat the other day when it was very hot out and I was stuck at a red light!) Thankfully I was able to get moving immediately and the temp dropped quickly but of course my coolant tank up front was dry. I've since filled it, check it daily and insure the tank is topped off until I figure out what hose assembly this is, where to get it, and the easiest way to fix it. Temp is normal as long as I stay on top of the coolant level, but this leak isn't going to fix itself and I'm sure will only get worse.

Any help is appreciated!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

See here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-077171.html

Wow - thanks very much for that. I swear I try to search before asking questions! I totally missed that tho.

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store has that molded hose (is it an '84?)
http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=61318&d=128&p=1

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-30-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock