engine/manual transmission mounts by newfiejeff
Started on: 05-20-2015 06:29 AM
Replies: 5 (474 views)
Last post by: masospaghetti on 05-20-2015 11:14 AM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 2M4

What are you thoughts on motor mounts(except dogbone) and manual transmission mounts on brands, etc?
I am starting to get a slight know when I change gears, it sounds right behind me and it seems when the motor moves(clutch in, clutch out), not a know from the gearbox or anything.

Boy the more you drive these cars that are layed up the more parts give out....lol!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.......what is a know?

If it is noise, what kind of noise are you hearing? You can confirm engine movement with a helper watching the motor as you shift gears with the brake on.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-20-2015).]

masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On various brands, I've tried Anchor, aftermarket poly (dogbone only), DEA, and Westar. DEA and Westar aren't worth a damn. DEA apparently doesn't check hole spacing or diameter, just all around horrible quality. The one Westar dogbone I got looked like it was designed wrong, different configuration of rubber than OEM, basically offered no resistance to engine torque (the dogbone's only job).

The poly mounted dogbone from Rodney works great, no issues there.

Anchor is usually very low priced but it looks like they use OEM tooling, same casting marks etc. On one Ford, their transmission mount hole spacing was slightly off (had to be drilled out a bit) but overall I've been happy with their products. I have Anchor mounts on my 3500 swap right now and they've held up to the 3500's torque so far (9,000 miles).

[This message has been edited by masospaghetti (edited 05-20-2015).]

newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, know is a .....lol

It's like a little knock, it could even be the exhaust I guess, but it just started happening yesterday. I would say the mounts needs to be replaced anyways.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought all the rubber mounts were made by the same outfit and simply rebranded.
I bought Anchor for my SD project and they were all made in India or China, and one of them I couldn't use at all because the bolt/stud was welded in the wrong position.
Seems like this now a routine maintenance item that you may have to replace every 24,000 miles.
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Anchor mounts were definitely different than the DEA/Westar, and I also got a Beck/Arnley mount that was Taiwanese, so they are not all the same.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock