Started on: 05-19-2015 11:23 PM
Replies: 7 (443 views)
Last post by: BtotheB on 05-25-2015 09:28 AM
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone recognize these bolts? They're a 15mm drive.

I'm reassembling a Fiero that has had it's engine out for a while. I have just bolted the cradle and suspension back in and have ended up with two extra bolts. Anyone recognize these and where they go? I don't want to get too much further without figuring this out...

They look to me like the bolts that hold the one shifter bracket, but those are definitely accounted for. I think these are a slightly larger thread than those...

It's an '88 GT with a 3800sc/Getrag 5 speed.

Thanks,

Brad
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the motor mount bolt from my 3800sc, the ones that go over the knock sensor metal plate into the block.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou and Blue

1349 posts
Member since Dec 2013
I actually just went to the hardware store today with that bolt and bought 3 that were like that but inch and a quarter long to make up for Fierorog's 1/4 inch mount thickness.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2 swap in progress
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 05-21-2015).]

88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry--didn't catch it was a 3800

------------------
Pat Jones

[This message has been edited by 88FieroGT TTops (edited 05-21-2015).]

84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now because of my short term memory loss from my stroke I always use a bunch of Ziploc baggies and label them with a sharpie marker to label each one with a description of where they go. Not that, that will help you now but something you should keep in mind for the next time.

hell you can also draw a diagram of where the bolt goes on it or on an index card and put it in the bag as well.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 05-22-2015).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
hell you can also draw a diagram of where the bolt goes on it or on an index card and put it in the bag as well.

Steve

Or If you can't identify where they go, just write "Beginning of next Fiero build" on the baggie.
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they for the engine lift brackets on the front and back of engine? If you only have 2 that makes sense since each bracket is bolted with a bolt on one side and one of the studs from the exhaust manifold on the other.
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies, I was checking the motor mounts and found where they went, they were two bolts on the back of the AC compressor (that seem redundant anyways).

I'm normally pretty good at keeping track of where bolts and cables go, but I had a friend helping me with some of the disassembly last year and some stuff got set off to the side.

Brad

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock