Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Machining TC wheels, how deep to bore hub?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Machining TC wheels, how deep to bore hub? by grkboy707
Started on: 05-19-2015 09:44 PM
Replies: 7 (407 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 05-24-2015 01:28 PM
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,
After reading into the great debate of whether or not machining is necessary, I decided it's just safer to have the bore machined out professionally. I've read the bore is 57.1, but they also wanted to know how deep I want it to go to clear the hub. Half and inch seems like plenty right?Id like to take off just a bit more than what's absolutely necessary.
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How much are they charging for the machining? I could measure the hub for you, but it's raining right now.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just measure the center lip on your hub or the center of your stock wheels. Measure the height of the center lip and add about 1/16 inch to allow for tightening the lug nuts.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're charging $100 for the set. I ended up removing the front wheel only because I figured that was the deepest hub (and I was using a very loud electric impact on my driveway at 6am), and it was just shy of 1/2", so I told them 5/8" just to be sure
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the rear hub I get 0.695 ". There's also a bevel cut around the perimeter. I'd suggest you take one of your stock wheels to them so they have an example and you don't have to pay them to do them again due to incorrect info provided.

Edit to clarify: There's also a bevel cut around the perimeter of the opening of the wheel where it fits against the hub. I checked both 14 and 15 inch stock Fiero wheels and both styles have the bevel cut in them.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 05-22-2015).]

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I *love* the look of the 2013/2014 TC rims, wonder if they still fit.... who is doing your machining?

oh... and hmu on my cell, got a question for you. lol.

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

I *love* the look of the 2013/2014 TC rims, wonder if they still fit.... who is doing your machining?

oh... and hmu on my cell, got a question for you. lol.

Almost positive they have a different lug pattern. And I don't have your number haha
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The TC wheels are a popular swap for the Fiero, so they probably have the 5 x 100 lug pattern. Several locals have had them and I don't remember tham mentioning having them redrilled. Centerbore is the only difference, I believe.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock