Fiero Fuel Injector Pulse Problem by Burchro9
Started on: 05-19-2015 07:57 PM
Replies: 3 (182 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 05-20-2015 04:37 PM
Burchro9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Burchro9Send a Private Message to Burchro9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

New to this forum and I have an 84 Fiero 2m4 four speed. It will not start.
Here is the background: I bought this car 3 weeks ago. Test drove it, ran fine but weak, CEL was on.
Bought it anyways. Got it home (had to tow it, half way home the throttle cable broke, replaced it and transmission link cables)
and took it for a test drive, started and ran but cut off randomly. Checked CEL code, was bad PROM chip install.
Checked it out and there was no PROM chip in the ECM, was a replacement aftermarket ECM. Found a guy off this site and ordered the chip.
Put it in and new air filter and plug wires. Now, no start at all. CEL light dose not come on at all.
I have spark but the fuel injector is not opening. Checked Fuel injector wiring, +12V to injector,
+12V to ECM Pink/Black wire both with key on. Have +12V to orange wires at ECM.
Fuel pump dose not come on with key, dose come on with oil pressure, and is working correctly.
Replaced Injector and fuel filter just to be shore.
Just want to see if there is any other wiring I should check or is the ECM my next step?

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

You may not have the right ECM for your car. Is it 1226156? What do you mean when you say 'aftermarket'?
Burchro9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Burchro9Send a Private Message to Burchro9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a ReManufactured ECM or ECC as it says. Has Number: 7-6156 DC Code: 0115MT
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should see the SES light when the key is on. IF not, than something is not right with the ECM

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock