So I have an 86 GT, with a 3.4L push-rod swap that I did myself, that's been parked for a couple years, and not started or driven regularly. I'm trying to gather a list of things that I need to replace to get it running and driving again. Here's my list. What am I missing? And some are things that are broken due to other reasons..
1. Drain Gas - Is there an easy way to do this without dropping the tank? Like having the fuel pump suck it out?
2. Fuel Filter
3. Fuel Pump - I think this is why it never ran well, but I don't know for sure. If it's putting our the right pressure, can I assume it's good? Though if I'm dropping the tank anyways, may as well replace it too. It can't look pretty in there after being parked for so long.
4. Engine Oil and filter
5. Transmission Fluid
7. Clutch Fluid???
8. Brake Fluid???
9. Headlight Motors and Relays
10. Headliner is loose around the sunroof
12. Brake Calipers??? Something is stuck as I can't roll it. Could be e-beak?
13. Maybe tires.. though the tread is still good.
14. Undo tail-light mods.
15. Un-lower front & alignment.
Is there anything obvious I'm missing while reviving a parked car? Is there anything here I can skip? The engine oil, transmission fluid and coolant were brand new, maybe 100 miles total on them..
-- If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable. --
-- '86 GT, 4speed, Yellow ..... 3.4L --
[This message has been edited by DJvonRapp (edited 05-18-2015).]