84 Shifter in an 86? by Ronnyboy
Started on: 05-11-2015 04:43 PM
Replies: 2 (92 views)
Last post by: Ronnyboy on 05-11-2015 06:06 PM
Ronnyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, just picked up an 86 Fiero Aero 4 cyl, 5 speed yesterday and I love it. Just had to bleed the clutch and now she's running like a champ!

However, I used to own an 84 and for some reason I'm missing the same experience driving it as compared to the 86. In part, it's probably due to the 84 having that straight up and down shifter, while the 86 has a "kink" to it. Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the 84 shifter to an 86? Or are there short shift kits that'll do the job? Just curious, thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just remove the shift surround, remove the clip on the lever pivot point and swap them out. I have an 84 lever on my 87. There may be a small spring just below the pivot point that helps the lever move back to the center position, but it's not a necessity.
Ronnyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, that's a lot cheaper! Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock