Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Defroster grid for your windshield wipers!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Defroster grid for your windshield wipers! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 05-09-2015 11:42 AM
Replies: 3 (166 views)
Last post by: Chris_narf on 05-09-2015 03:34 PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came up with this idea a while back and I decided to see if they were already available commercially. I found this website:

http://www.frostfighter.com...wiper-defrosters.htm

There always seems to be that one little piece of ice that never melts no matter how hot the car gets so there is a constant streak across your windshield!

I'd like to have a defroster grid for my wiper blades. I bet it would make them last longer from not being forced while frozen to the glass or having to scrape across rough ice buildup. Has anyone done this to any car? Thoughts?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It gets that cold in Tennessee? I thought only the north had to deal with this kind of problem.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

It gets that cold in Tennessee? I thought only the north had to deal with this kind of problem.

Sure it does. I live in the northeast corner of the state so I'm surrounded by mountains. We get snow every year. Sometimes more than others but this year we had a pretty big snow and had about a foot on the ground at one point. That may not sound like much but keep in mind that all of our roads are curvy and hilly. Also that we don't have much in the way of public transportation so EVERYONE who needs to go somewhere is out on the road. The City, County, and State doesn't keep much in the budget for scraping, plowing, salting, etc. The roads will get plowed eventually but they can only do so much so fast. Until then, we are on our own.

Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I came up with this idea a while back and I decided to see if they were already available commercially. I found this website:

I've lost count how many times that's happened! It always seems like when you come up with a great idea, it's already been done. Maybe that validates that it was a good idea? One day... I'll come up with something first.

This seems pretty logical. I'm thinking that if you measured out the length correctly, this could also double as a FM radio antenna, though it would be fairly directionally.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock